13

"What happened? Where we are?" Moira asked softly.

"Hey. Hey!" Raven yelled to the glass.

"Hello, Mystique." A voice said.

"Major Stryker." She said softly.

"Colonel Stryker. I wouldn't get too close to the wall if I were you. It may create some... discomfort." He said calmly.

"I'm Moira MacTaggert. I'm a senior officer at the CIA." Moira said softly.

"I know who you are, agent MacTaggert." He said calmly.

"You cannot keep me here in this..."

"Actually, I can. A psychic event just destroyed every nuke from here to Moscow. That event emanated from exactly where we found you. At the home of the world's most powerful psychic. So, you're going to tell me. Where is Charles Xavier?"

"It's not him you should be worried about. There's someone else. Someone more powerful."

"If you let us out of here, we can help you." Raven said softly.

"Do you really expect me to believe that? You can put on any face that you want, but I know who you are. What you are."

"Hey, Moira. Mm. What did you mean when you said someone more powerful than Charles?" Hank asked softly.

I let out a sigh as I set on the ground and put my face in my hands.

"It's going to be okay." Hank said softly.

"No it isn't.... my dad is god only knows where, and I'm stuck in here." I said as I let out a sigh.

"You know him? Magneto." Peter asked as he walked up to Raven.

"I used to. I'm not so sure anymore." Raven said softly.

"What was he like? Was he... like they say he was? Was he a... ... bad guy?"

"No. I mean, yeah. He was... Why do you care so much? Did you see his speech on TV or something?"

"Yeah, but... He's my father."

"What?"

"He and my mom, they..."

"-Yeah, I know. But... Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Yeah. yeah. He left my mom before I was born. I met him 10 years back, but I didn't know it was him. By the time I figured it out, it was too late, you know. Then, this week I saw him on TV again. And, I came to their house looking for him. But, by the time I got there... Late again. You know, for a guy who moves as fast as me, I always seem to be too late."

"Let's hope not this time."

"Yeah. Seriously." Peter said as he looked over at me.

"Hear me, inhabitants of this world. This is a message. A message to every man, woman and mutant. You have lost your way. But I have returned. The day of reckoning, it is here. All your buildings... All your buildings and temples... ... will fall. The dawn of a new era will emerge. For there is nothing you can do..." a voice said.

"- Cas." Dad said through my mind.

"... to stop what is coming."

"Cas, if you can hear me, focus on my voice. Cairo. Find us. Cas, find us. Cairo. Find us. Cas." He said calmly.

"This message is for one reason alone. To tell the strongest among you...Those with the greatest power. Protect those without. That's my message to the world."

"That was Charles doing that without Cerebro." Hank said softly.

"I know that voice. It's Xavier, isn't it? What's going on?" Stryker asked angrily.

"We don't know!" Raven yelled.

"We don't know, bro!" Peter yelled.

"Hank, dad sent a message to me.... he is in Cairo." I whispered.

Soon a blue guy came into the room and landed on me.

"Sorry!" He exclaimed as he helped me up.

"Kurt." Hank said softly.

"Hey. Stay away from the..." Kurt said softly.

"The what?"

"Th... door... Stay away from the..."

"-Get away from the door!"

"- The door! The door!" Peter yelled.

We moved out of the way and a beam came through the door.

"We know where the Professor is." Jean said quickly.

"I think we might have a way out of here." Scott said calmly.

"Well, you've been busy." Raven said softly.

"I know where he is too." I said softly.

Jean nodded her head and we rushed out.

"We had a... a little help. Let's go."

We soon made it to a plane and climbed on. We put on flight suits and I let out a sigh as I set beside Scott.

"Looks like I saved your life. Did that give me a chance?" He asked with a smile.

"Not in a million year."

"Come on the guy can't be that great." Scott said calmly.

"That Guy is sitting in front of you." I said as I stood up and plopped down beside Jean.

"Smooth." Jean said as she shook her head.

"I try." Scott said calmly.

I saw a frown appear on Peter's face and I let out a sigh as I bit my lip.

"So why did you break up with me?" Peter asked calmly.

"We are not talking about this." I said softly.

"Well there is a chance we are going to die, so I think we should talk about it."

"I broke up with you because I didn't see it going anywhere." I said softly.

"I thought we were fine."

"Peter we had been dating for nine years, been friends for twelve...... I thought maybe you would want to go further."

"We had sex, how much further do you want?"

"Marriage! I thought maybe you would finally propose and we could start a family! Your father got married and had a child a year into a relationship and even after nine years you didn't propose... why would I stay in a relationship that I knew wasn't going anywhere?"

"I-"

"Don't, right now all I want to worry about it my father, and if we somehow make it out of this, then you can go your way and I can go mine.... cause you already made it clear that you don't see marriage in our future." I said as I looked away.