6

"Sweet dreams... are made of this.... Damn it Peter! You got that song stuck in my head!" I yelled as I heard him laugh.

"Yes my master plan has worked you have all my songs stuck in your head." Peter said as he sped over to his game.

"I hate you." I said as I glared at him.

"Love you too MindStrike."

"MindStrike?"

"Your mutant name." He said with a smile.

"MindStrike...... I like it." I said softly.

"Good cause when it's just you and me that's what I'm calling you."

"I thought my name was Cas to you?"

"It is, but MindStrike is when you are kicking ass." He said playfully.

I shook my head and smiled as I stood up.

"I got to get going, but I'll see you." I said softly.

"Okay, call me." He said as he sent me a smile.

"Yes sir." I said as I saluted him and walked up the stairs.

I made my way to my house and let out a sigh as I opened the front door.

"I'm home!" I yelled as I looked around.

"In kitchen!" Daniel yelled.

"What's cooking?" I asked as I leaned against the counter.

"Chili. Your mom is on her way home from Germany." He said softly.

"Didn't she leave to see the camp she was forced to stay in?"

"Yea she wants it to be torn down." He said softly.

"I see why... she was tortured there.... she lost most of her family." I said softly.

"Almost all of them." He said as he stirred the pot.

I heard running and smiled as I turned to see David running up to me.

"Hey monkey." I said as he hugged me.

"Is Peter coming?" David asked softly.

"Nope, He has dinner plans with his family." I said with a smile.

"But isn't he family?"

"Practically." Daniel said with a chuckle.

"Shut up." I said as I bumped into him.

"Why you two aren't dating I'll never know." He said softly.

"Because I'm not looking for a relationship." I said as I took the spoon from him.

"Sure it isn't because you are scared?"

"I'm not scared.... I just.... Okay I'm scared so what?" I asked as I stirred the chili.

"Quit letting the past stop you..... both of you are great together and I've never seen you laugh as much as you have when you are with him." He said as he sent me a smile.

"What... what if he leaves... what then?" I asked softly.

"He won't.... I might not know much about him, but I know if he will sit at our table and listen to your mother speak bad about mutants..... when we know he is one... he isn't going anywhere." He said softly.

I let out a sigh and looked at the pot.

"How do you think mom would react..... if I was a mutant?" I asked softly.

"I don't know.... I know how I would."

"How would you?" I asked as I looked at him from the corner of my eye.

"I'd be there for you.... I wouldn't push you away.... you are like my daughter.... Hell I've already told both of my parents that you are my daughter.... you mean the world to me and nothing will change that." He said softly.

"Do you think she would hate me?"

"I don't think your mother could ever hate you." He said as he sent me a smile.

"If I tell you something... please don't tell her." I said softly.

He nodded his head and I let out a sigh.

"I'm a mutant."

"How long?" He asked softly.

"I found out when I turned six." I said softly.

"Nine years? Why haven't you told me sooner?" He asked softly.

"I was scared..... I.... I don't want mom to hate me... please don't tell her." I begged.

"Our little secret, but one day you will have to tell her." He said as he sent me a smile.

After awhile he turned to look at me.

"So what can you do?" Daniel asked softly.

"I'm a telepath... and I have telekinesis.... but I also learned if I concentrate to hard.... I can make things explode."

"Is that why the bathroom light keeps shattering?" Daniel asked softly.

I nodded my head and he let out a sigh.

"Guess I'll have to get better bulbs that can withstand angry teenagers." He said with a laugh.

"I... I thought you would hate me."

"I could never hate you. I have put up with you to long to let this make me hate you." He said with a smile.

"You haven't killed anyone right?" Daniel asked after awhile.

"No, I have killed anyone." I said with a laugh.

He let out a sigh of relief and I smiled softly.

"That's why you always take up for Peter... it isn't just cause you are hopelessly in love with him." Daniel said with a laugh.

"I don't love him." I grumbled out.

"Quit lying." Daniel said playfully.

"I hate you." I said with a laugh.

"No you don't."

I smiled as I shook my head and took a bit of my food.

"When you guys get married do you think your child will have you powers or his?" Daniel asked happily.

"I hate you." I said as I let out a laugh.

Soon mom arrived home and I smiled as David ran up and hugged her before I did.

"I missed you. How was your day?" She asked as she picked him up.

"Boring." David said calmly.

Mom let out a laugh and sent me a smile as we all set down and started to eat.