eleven

We slipped through the halls of the yacht, hand in warm hand

We slipped through the halls of the yacht, hand in warm hand. There was a tinny ringing in my ears, nearly toxic blend of alcohol and adrenaline in my bloodstream.

The bedroom door was ajar, and we rushed through it. Lex turned the lock definitively, the deadbolt clicking home with a low thud. We stood facing each other, neither of us moving. I looked up at Lex from under my lashes, waiting. The anticipation in the room hung so heavy it could have brought the strongest man to his knees.

Somewhere on the deck above, someone was singing.

I bit my lip. Lex ran a thumb along my lower lip, tugging it free.

"Don't," His voice was raspy, catching in his throat. "Don't tempt me any more. I can't keep holding myself back."

"So don't." I blinked slowly, ran my hand up his arm.

"Ruth." A real warning this time. Lex backed away, raking a hand through his hair. His eyes were still blown wide, almost black when they met mine. "Change. Carlisle left something in the bathroom for you. I can't have you like that, in my shirt..."

I touched the hollow of my throat, aware of the hem of my shirt dangerously high on my legs.

I splashed cold water on my face, trying to take the berry-red flush from my cheeks. Whatever little plan Carlisle was hatching on his own time was beginning to come into uncomfortable focus. White cotton camisole, white cotton shorts. Socks so soft they felt like water on my legs. He was dressing me the same way Lex once had, at a gala ages ago; pale and sweet to the unknowing eye.

Art Deco {Cherry Wine Sequel}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara