Liquid Luck

Harry looked at the small vile before him from where he sat on his bed.
Everyone had left for breakfast but when Ron had questioned the scarred boy about if he was coming or not, Harry had opted to say he'd forgotten something, and stayed behind.
He wouldn't be here forever, not even through all of breakfast, simply long enough to make a decision.

Draco had been seemingly more annoying since the beginning of eighth year.
But after a particular run in with him...making the boy cry had made him also reflect on what the hell he was doing.

It wasn't what Harry traditionally found annoying about Malfoy, such as his obsession with making Harry's life more difficult than it had to be- in an negative way- no, now it was less negative and more...complex.
Now what annoyed Harry was how the other had become nicer to him, and it drove him mad that he didn't get more of that kindness earlier if at all this year. Only when he saw the boy one-on-one and was able to hold up a conversation with him- which wasn't too hard when it came to their interests, but was difficult when it came to both their naturally awkward ways.

Regardless of the fact that the boys could hold a conversation, Harry enjoyed Draco's company- and longed for it more than most things. It would be so simple to just ask Draco to hang out sometime...but this felt different.
It was probably due to the fact that the two had been at each other's throats for so long that it just felt so foreign to seek out positive attention from the other.
That being said, what positive ways Draco had been treating Harry with were simply Draco's version of being nice.
He was quiet, and no longer teased Harry. He called him by his first name almost as often as he called him by his last, though it still made Harry smile every time heard his name come from the mouth of the other.
But it wasn't as if Draco was being kind. He spoke to Harry when the opportunity arose, no more or less...and Harry relished in those moments. He wanted them to be more than just the few times he bumped into the other in the halls or on the quidditch field- in class or in the great hall- he wanted it to be...established. To hang out with the other one on one.
He just...couldn't find the courage to ask-

Of course, of course he couldn't ask Malloy the simplest of things, just to hang out. Bloody brilliant it was- inconvenient- there was just no way he could muster up the emotions to do so- and he'd know, he tried so often.
Every time for the past month, every instance in which he spoke to Draco, he tried to follow it up with asking if he was available after school for a broom ride, or even a bloody walk.
And nothing- Harry became tongue tied and...he'd had enough.

Staring at the liquid in the vile, Harry nodded. It wouldn't take much- only a drop- it didn't have to last at all that long, only enough for him to make it to the great hall and talk to Draco. Easy, right? And he wouldn't even be using all of his liquid luck.

Raising the vile to his lips, Harry stuck his tongue out and pressed the glass to it. Only a drop stuck to the other's tongue before he closed the vile and swallowed.
It was enough, as he instantly felt himself become energized and free of all insecurities- having an exact feeling of where to go, he headed for the great hall.

***

His original plan had been to stop by the Gryffindor table and check in the Ron and Hermione, and then I to talk to Draco. His intuition led him elsewhere.

With a smug grin on his face as he arrived at the Great Hall, Harry's feet led him to the Slytherin table, where a particular blonde sat the edge, discussing something or other with Pansy, which was quickly interrupted when Harry arrived, sitting on the empty space of bench across from him.

Draco's eyes widened in surprise and curiosity, "Potter? What are you- why are you here?" His voice was low as he bent gently over the table to address Harry, trying to ignore the whispers and glances that were shot their way, including Pansy's.