Chapter 17

He froze, finding himself stiffen as he reads the note again and again, doubting his sight. Slowly gulping, he crumples the note and swiftly hides it inside his coat's pocket before lifting his gaze to find her halfway out of the room.

"I need to talk to you", he halted her steps, making her turn around confusedly.

"What else do you want?"

"Sit down"

"What are—"

"Risa,can you sit down, please?", he said softly, almost too soothingly with that deep voice of him.

She found herself in total shock, hearing him asking her politely for the first time ever. He had never spoken to her like that and this stunned her. Taehyung, whom has always been a pain in the ass, driving her nuts with his lack of manners, is actually talking to her courteously.

Has the world gone mad?

She looks at him, more like staring at him with her eyes enlarged, feeling her whole body reacting to the tone of his voice when he politely asked her to sit with him.  Battling her eyelashes in disbelief, she looks away, pressing her lips nervously feeling that weird sensation building in the pit of her stomach.

"Risa, can you sit here? For a while? We need to talk".

There he goes again, that gentle yet deep voice, speaking to her softly and politely—almost unreal to her ears

There he goes again, that gentle yet deep voice, speaking to her softly and politely—almost unreal to her ears. It's like he turned into a completely different person and no longer that irritating Kim Taehyung she dislikes so much.  It makes her question herself about the change of his attitude.

Did this guy hit his head somewhere after the meeting?

"You're scaring me"

Flinching at her sudden reaction, he looks ar her with a blank face. "Why do you say so?"

"Because you're suddenly talking to me nicely. I am starting to feel that you're up to something. I am getting goosebumps for god sake"