Chapter 18

"You have been smiling like an idiot. What has gotten into you?". Slumping herself into the chair right in front of him, Karin raised eyebrows as she looks at Jungkook.

"What are you saying?", Jungkook pursed his lips, trying to hide the obvious grin that has been plastered on his face the whole day

Karin raised an eyebrow, watching him glancing at his phone occasionally as he does his work. "You've been on your phone since this morning. Are you like...texting someone?"

"More like waiting for a call or a text. But never mind, why are you here?" he straightens his back, hiding his phone under his arm as he focuses on Karin.

"Are you like seeing someone...?", Karin asks sounding curious.

"No, I am not. I am just waiting for a call that's all"

"A call? You are waiting for a girl to call you? Since when you give your number to girls?", sounding interested, she leans forward, resting both hands on the table.

"It's not important Karin. It's just a fling. Can we drop—"

"No, you can't drop this subject. Jeon Jungkook whom never called the girl after their whatever rendezvous night, is actually waiting for a call? Are you insane? Did she bewitch you or something? What has gotten into you? Why are you suddenly wanting the girl to give you a call? You were always ditching the girls right after and never wanting anything more than just a fling? Jungkook, come to your senses?"

 Jeon Jungkook whom never called the girl after their whatever rendezvous night, is actually waiting for a call? Are you insane? Did she bewitch you or something? What has gotten into you? Why are you suddenly wanting the girl to give you a call? ...

Smiling shyly himself, he couldn't hide the grin on his face anymore. He has been on cloud nine since morning and he found himself wanting to see the girl from the bar again. Not that he likes her or something, yet, but he likes the conversation that they shared last night. He admires her views on everything, the way her perception on life differs from his—he finds it attractive.

But he feels dumb for waiting for her call. He really hopes she saw the note he left before leaving this morning. Deep down, he wants to see her again.

Or maybe all she wanted was just a one-night fling?

-

"You don't have to come to the office anymore. I am sure Karin has it under control that she finally lets you free. But, if you ask me, I will want you to keep in touch. Tell me wherever you're going so that I know. You wouldn't know if those snakes are following you"

"Why do I feel like you're babying me. I can take care of myself—"

"I said what I said. You're lucky enough that you don't have to force yourself coming to the office every day. We are gambling by letting you out of our sight now. If anything happens to you and we are not around, you can imagine the damage—"

"I get it I get it. Geez, you're too paranoid", scoffing as she looks out of the windows, trying not to get annoyed at Taehyung for at least a day.

"I am not paranoid. I am taking care of you, for the sake of everyone. So, consider yourself lucky. It's the weekend tomorrow. Are you planning to go out or do anything? Please bring your friend along. Don't go alone and—"

"Mr. Kim, I am 25, not 15. And don't talk to me like I am your daughter. I know how to take care of myself. And don't talk to me as if we are really dating. It makes me want to vomit rainbows all over your car"

"I'll throw your out of the windows if you try to vomit in my car. And, one more thing", he pauses.

"What?"

"It's Taehyung for you

"It's Taehyung for you. We are dating. You don't call your boyfriend with their last name, do you?"

-

Eri 💋 :

We are dropping by your house with pizzas. It's Friday night. Don't give me excuse you want to sleep. I will strangle you

Risa 🍓:

"we"?????

Eri 💋 :

Oh! I forgot you have no idea about this visitor. Will be there in 30 minutes. You'll be surprised!

Risa sighs as she puts her phone on her dresser, staring at her own reflection in the big oval mirror. One hand taking one end of the small tower hung around shoulder, drying her wet hair. She had the longest bath in the tub, wanting to take her own sweet time clearing her mind. The whole week has been strangely fast, and she found herself struggling to catch up.

Meeting Kim Taehyung, and then end up being in the news. And then there's this deal between her and them; 60 days till the rumor subsides.

60 days

The words rang in her hand over and over, but she couldn't register it completely. How did it come to this? Two weeks ago, she was celebrating her freedom after finishing her studies, thinking she might want to take the month off just sleeping in the house or perhaps spending time with her mother. But with her mother now in the states with her father, and Yuna starting with her work trips again—she finds herself alone in the house.

Not really alone though with Eri barging into her house every night just to check on her.

But the thing is, she thinks about her fate and how it's all upside down. How did it really come to this? How did she end up being at the lobby and then, bumping into that Kim Taehyung of all people? Waking up the next morning just to find her photo with the same guy with such misleading headlines. Finding herself in a very dramatic and complicated position; she has to be guarded at all times.

She did not sign up for this

But she knows it too well—the high society. They work without boundaries and people will always talk. She remembers clearly about the incident that happened within her circle and to be honest, that's the sole reason she agreed to it. She knows how bad it can be is she decided to just ditch them and let them do all the damage control. She knows it too well, like the back of her own hand.

And the memory about everything that happened is still fresh in her mind.

~~~~

NOTE

Hello everyone ! I finally updated ! Im terribly sorry for the delay sksksksks I had tooo many work events and socializing stuffs T_T . I hope this chapter is enjoyable ! I will try my very best to update more frequent this week ! Thank you for reading and I love youuuuu !