Journal Entry #1

July 27, 2019

         I never thought that I could be so sick of being in the car. We've driven for hours today; that car is the only thing we've been able to keep, besides our clothes and a few other belongings. Hopefully, that will change soon. Getting this house has given me the hope I had been longing for.

         We finally got settled in to the new house today. It will take some getting used to, but it's much better than not having a house at all. It's a gorgeous house, but there's just something off. I kept seeing something moving, and I don't know what it was. It looked like a person, but the way it moved was unnatural, not to mention the random disappearances every time I see it. I'll look into this later. It's been a long day, and I'm not worried about it now. I was probably just seeing things.

        I like that this house was already mostly set up for us. I don't think that's ever really happened before, aside from the motel we lived in a few months ago. I hope this one can be permanent. I'm sick and tired of moving and constantly worrying about everything; I just want it all to stop.

         I need to thank Iris and her family when I see them next. They didn't have to do this, but they did. It was weird that they didn't ask anything in return though... I wonder why they didn't use this house at all? Could it have something to do with what I saw? Maybe I can ask when I see her on Monday while my mom's at work.

         I wish Dad was still here, but at least now he can know that we are safe and well. Wherever he is, I know he's waiting for us, and we will always remember him. Sooner or later we'll all be together again. I can't wait for that day to come.