Journal Entry #3

July 29, 2019

          Why is there another door in my closet? I mean, I guess it wouldn't be so weird if it was another storage space hidden away, but it was more. There was a short hallway, dusty and dark, leading into a room about half as big as the bedroom outside. Iris was terrified. She said she'd never seen that room before. Wouldn't she have known about it? I don't know. I guess not. She did say she rarely came here after all.

          She didn't want to go in. I don't know why we did. If I'm being honest, I didn't want to either. Some doors are meant to stay locked, and I had a feeling this was one of them. But we went in anyway. I guess curiosity got the better of us. It... it wasn't what I had expected. Not by a long shot. You can barely see anything in there. Light broke through the single, clouded window, providing just enough to see faint outlines.

          There wasn't a whole lot in there; an old, wooden rocking chair tipped on its side, a rope wound around one of the rafters, a dusty novel opened up on the floor... nothing too interesting, really. A little bit of a creepy air about it is all, but all old houses have that.

         So why would this be boarded up so heavily?