Should've Known {12}

My hand trembles as I reach for Carter's door handle, I never get nervous for parties, I don't know what's wrong with me, but whatever it was I didn't like it.

We are an hour late, but as Sadie says 'it's always better to be fashionably late.'

I work up the nerve and open the door to the usual party scene, much like the atmosphere at the skating rink.

Carter is doing karaoke on a table, as Sadie's eyes light up.

"Go, you are good," I say, sending her off with a smile.

She skips over to the table as Carter jumps down to greet her.

My eyes immediately go to the couch, where I questioned my entire relationship with one of my best friends.

Trying to not think about that, I head through the kitchen into his patio, my favorite place in the house. Something about being connected to the chilly outside world thrilled me.

People are in the pool, some are dancing, the whole scene.

Just as I finally feel at peace I look over to see Jax pinning Sarah against the wall of the patio area, it looks like they are eating each others faces off.

She's pressed up against him, his hand trails over her body. They pull away for a second to catch their breath, and when their mouths meet again, it takes everything in me to not tear the bitch off of him.

Why?

I genuinely have no idea or explanation for what I was feeling right now.

My heart sunk, I don't know why this upsets me so bad. I thought they broke up? Its not like I like Jax...There was just something about last night that didn't seem normal, I began to learn a side of him I had never seen before. And with every move his hands make on Sarah, the thought shatters more and more until it's nothing.

But it was impossible to shake it from my mind no matter how hard I tried.

I feel my sporadic breathing patterns begin to overcome me. A feeling rushes over me, that I want to get rid of.

I couldn't even take my gaze off of them. The way their bodies were flushed together.

This is too much, too much for my head, I rush into the bathroom to try and get my shit together.

My hands slam on the cold counters, and I hang my head in defeat, trying everything I can to let that feeling fade away, to cancel the image in my mind.

Just as I feel tears forming in my eyes, a familiar face walks into the bathroom, Chance Prescott.

"Kate," he asks as he approaches me. "What's wrong?" He asks, wiping my tear away with his thumb.

My eyes lock with his, as if the icy blue of them is exactly what i needed right now.

They look all over my face, I like to say it was a look of worry, and concern, but what do I know anymore?

He didn't ask any questions, he just pulled me in for a hug.

The immediate warmth of him is comforting, but not in a way Jax had held me the night before.

Fuck him.

Fuck Jax Anderson and his ways of hurting everyone in his path.

And fuck him for crushing Sarah's heart and pulling her back into his trap.

Fuck him for using girls.

"I'm not going to ask, whatever it is, just know it's going to be okay." He says, parting from me and flashing a warm smile.