Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"We're back to telluric currents?" Stiles asked the next day as Scott had brought out a map of Beacon Hills and placed it on the table. They've been here before?

"If the Dread Doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden," Scott explained. We're trying to come up with a plan to protect Hayden so the Dread Doctors don't come and finish their business again.

"Okay, so, besides Eichen, where's the strongest convergence?" Stiles question and I stood in between them, listening. It's what I do best.

Scott points a finger to Beacon Hills High School on the map. "We're standing on it."

"You want to hide her in the High School? For how long?" Stiles asked.

"If we have to, all night." Scott guessed. Oh, great, another all-nighter. "Liam convinced Hayden not to say anything to her sister yet. She's working a double tonight and she thinks Hayden's staying at a friend's."

"But it's just a school though." Stiles pointed out. "You know, it's not excatly a fortress."

"Lydia's got an idea for that," Scott tells us. "Remember how Valack quoted Tesla?"

"Frequency and vibration," Stiles recalled.

"She thinks he wasn't saying that just to sound smart. She thinks maybe it was a clue." I raised an eyebrow.

"To do what?"

Scott looked over at me. "Disrupt their frequency," Scott answered. "Parrish took three cell phone jammers from the station. He thinks he can broaden their range of frequency. It's a long shot, but it's the best we've got right now."

Right, let's see this plan into action.

\ - \

It was after hours at the school and Malia, Lydia, and Parrish had set up the three cell phone jammers around the school in different areas.

We were in the boys' locker room which was probably going to be the safest place. It was just Parrish, Lydia, Scott, Malia, Hayden, Liam, and I all in the school.

Stiles had a different task. He sat in his Jeep with Theo watching to see who's going to take Josh's body.

Hayden and Liam had pushed the storage's in front of the doors for extra security and I just stand there, feeling useless. Malia stood in the hallways of the school with a cell phone jammer. Parrish was outside with a gun leaving the rest of us in here to protect Hayden.

Lydia approached Scott and I as we wait around. "Is it me or is Liam not aware of the second part of the plan?" Lydia whispered to Scott and I.

"I'm still not sure there's going to be a second part of the plan," Scott whispered back. There were chains on the bench in a duffle bag.

From what I've heard, the second part of the plan was going to chain one of the Dread Doctors up and use Hayden as bait.

"Or if it's going to work," I add in and the two looked down at me. Scott nodded in agreement and Lydia's lets out a small sigh.

\ - \

We've been waiting for a while now and it's getting on my nerves. Liam and Hayden were over by the bathroom sinks, Liam giving Hayden a pep talk about how it was going to be okay.

I sit with Scott on the bench as we wait. Scott sighed. Scott then got up and walked down the hallway a bit. Lydia walked over past me towards Scott and I followed her.