Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

The supermoon.

Meaning Scott and Liam are going to become more powerful, angrier, and dangerous. It just so happened to be that the supermoon was tonight.

But right now I was in the hospital with Melissa and Hayden, Hayden was lying on the bench, holding onto to her life.

Yes, she is a failing Chimera but Melissa is trying to save her and with all this rushing around, we're wasting time. We're down where the dead bodies are so no one can see what we're doing.

Mason had quickly came down and placed all the supplies onto the bench next to Hayden. I was beside Hayden, sitting down and holding her hand for comfort.

"Shouldn't we be talking to one of the doctors?" Mason asked quickly.

"I've been wresting that for hours," Melissa tells us. "Do we bring them in and watch them treat her like a normal patient, while we stand here knowing that's not going to work?" Melissa was quick to do her thing with Hayden, trying to help her as much as possible. "Or do we keep trying everything medically possible to save her while her body does thing s that shouldn't be medically possible?"

"Is she dying?" Mason asked softly, watching Melissa.

"With the amount of mercury in her body right now, she shouldn't even be alive," Melissa tells us, and she begins to put all kind of medicals into her, she was hooked up to a machine and I fear that it's going to stop beeping.

Melissa then picks up her hand and stares at it. "Oh, no, no, no, no." Melissa whispered. She then pressed her fingers against Hayden's pulse in her neck and my heart dropped. Melissa looked at Mason. "I think you better get Liam."

"What about Scott?"

"He's not answering." Melissa sighed. "And if Liam wants to be with her, he needs to get here right now. Because she is dying, and I don't know what else to do. Go. I will text you if anything changes. Just get him here, Mason. Go."

Mason nodded before leaving and I let a tear slip down my face. "She's not going to make it," I whisper. Melissa shakes her head, letting out a small cry herself.

Each side, we held Hayden's hand. It's been at least ten minutes and now the beeper goes off, breaking my heart. I felt it torn and I let a sob escape my lips.

Hayden is dead.

Melissa had pulled out her phone, her hands shaking as she texted Mason. I let out another few sobs, this was the worst way to see someone die.

\ - \

After getting a text from Mason saying that Scott is almost dead, Melissa was screaming out a cry. I helped her up to her feet.

"We can still save him, Melissa!" I tell her. "We just got to go to the school."

And so we did, we drove to the school, out of the car, and sprinted towards the library, Melissa was trying to remain strong.

I looked at the sight in front of me. Scott was lying on the floor steps, looking up at the roof and Mason was sitting on the ground in front of him.

"Scott! Scott!" Melissa yells out, sprinting towards him. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!" She quickly skidded on the ground and took action. "Okay," she breathes. She then does CPR on him.

"What are you doing?" Mason asked softly. She didn't answer him. "What are you doing?"

"Bringing him back." Melissa's voice cracked.