A hope in spring

Today was the day you would finally date Donghae. Coincidentally, it was also the day you were supposed to meet him, Hyukjae, and Heechul at the dance studio – actually, just Donghae and Hyukjae. You agreed with Heechul that you'd go there together. And Heechul agreed to help you out with Donghae. So, today you both had missions; you wouldn't lose your shit around Donghae's dancing, and Heechul would help create the perfect environment for the confession.

You were just about to leave when your phone buzzed. It was a message from Donghae, followed by another from Heechul. You opened the first one.

"Hyukjae's going to be a bit late :( So don't hurry, ok? ^^"

Should I reply? I already read the message... He'll know I read it. Must get advice from Heechul. You opened the message from the second sender.

"Guess what your love just texted me? The monkey's gonna be late, which mean, I'm gonna be late. Shoot your shot, sunshine."

"he messaged me too

I read the messag

what do I do?

do I repl?"

"I think that's what most people would do, yes."

"what do I say?????????

HE etold me 'don hurry ok? ^^'"

"Tell him that you got his message, and leave anyway. When you get there act like you accidentally arrived early."

"thank uuuuu ure my life saver"

"You owe me. Now text the man."

Time to message Donghae.

"Okay ^^. Do you know how long he'll be?" Is that too much? Will he think I'm desperate?

"Hopefully not too long :( I'm going to get lonely otherwise. And we need to practise.

But don't worry!" He replied too quickly.

"I'll see you, then. Do you need anything?" My heart, maybe?

"A support banner for me and Hyukjae? ^^

I'm joking.

Your presence is enough." sjkdksjdkdjskldjadjadjkla

Time to go. If you hurry, you can get there in about 15 minutes. The dance studio is in this new, fancy building belonging to one of the biggest entertainment companies in the region. However, Donghae... and Hyukjae, were just choreographers. Had they been idols, they would've been critically-acclaimed, international artists. Naturally, such power had to be contained. That didn't stop them from being too popular on social media. You heard from Heechul, who heard from either of them, that Donghae got asked for selfies and autographs when he went out sometimes. And you were pretty sure they had a fancafe.

It was nice outside. Not too warm, and not too cold. There was a gentle breeze that blew the petals to the ground. It resembled snow, but it smelled a lot better. Maybe you could grab some coffees for the boys, a token of appreciation for allowing you to see them dance up-close. You'd seen the videos they uploaded, but this would be different.

What kind of coffee do they like? You wondered, approaching the coffee shop. Americano, maybe?

Your train of thought was interrupted by the cashier. 'Hello! What would you like to order?'

'Uh... Three Americanos... and... that pink frappe special thingy? In medium?'

'Sure. Three medium Americanos, and a medium Spring Frappe. Will that be all?'