Chap 5

"I'm gonna fall in love with you someday. I'm gonna fall in love and run away."

Angel Olsen – Intern

5.

Around 8, it began to rain.

Alex tried to call Miles for the 6th time in the past two hours, and like the 5 times before, Miles didn't pick up. Alex had to walk back, his side stinging from running too much. He wasn't prepared to see the guys walking out of the restaurant just as he was crossing the street and there was Miles at the end, laughing and jumping down the steps freely as if nothing had happened.

Saying he was furious didn't even cut it.

The familiar bitter self-pity exploded in his chest. For a few second, Alex couldn't seem to move his legs. Miles spotted him first. The smile on his face wavered when he realized it was Alex standing beside the shadows of the alley. Miles grabbed Matt's arm to slow him down, enlightening him on Alex' existence. Clearly, some sort of agreement was quickly achieved as Matt did nothing beyond casting Alex's a quick glance. It's hard to say if Alex felt betrayed or relieved when only Miles run towards him.

"Alex," Miles called after him as Alex headed into the alley that led to the backside of some residential neighbourhood. Miles followed him tightly, as if the situation wasn't humiliating enough. "Alex, wait!"

A tug on his elbow enraged Alex even more. He turned around on his heels so fast that he knocked into Miles' chest. They ended up in a clinch against the wall, Alex's fists clenched around the fabric of Miles' collar, while Miles' arms were around his waist, pulling him in closer.

Miles threw his head back and huffed out a short laugh, defiantly. He knew exactly he was doing to Alex. "Why are you even pissed? I did exactly what you asked me to do."

"I shouldn't have said that," Alex spit out his apology as if it was a threat. "...but you could at least pick up your damn phone."

"I didn't have it on me."

He had the brass to lie to Alex's face, knowing Alex could literally feel the device in his front pocket when they were pressed into each other like this. Alex loosened one hand and pulled Miles' hair, forcing him to bare his throat. They both knew this was far from a real physical fight. Miles was semi-hard against his thigh, and this excited Alex to no end, knowing Miles craved him even when Alex was inflicting pain.

"You little liar," Alex hissed. "Stop fucking making excuses."

Miles made a grunting sort of noise, forcing his knee in between Alex' thigh as he rearranged them, basically pulling Alex on top of himself. "So what? You're gonna punish me?"

He went limp the second Alex's teeth came in touch with his throat. Alex could tell the exact moment when Miles handed the power over to him fully. He felt Miles' wanton groans even before hearing them. "I certainly will, Miles." Alex promised, letting go of him just so Miles could read his mind, knowing Alex was not joking. "Since that's what my boy is looking for."

For a few painfully long seconds, Miles gave him reticence. It was a rare trait on Miles Kane, which made Alex feel like he somehow stepped over an invisible line. But then Miles slowly let out the breath he was holding, his gaze falling down and into the tight space between their chests. The rain weighed down his fringe and hid his eyes from Alex.

"That's right, Alex." Eventually Miles said, in a nearly provoking manner. "Take it away."

+