Chapter 9

Meanwhile, the sultan, completely hypnotized this time. Went with Jafar to see Jasmine in her chambers.

Jasmine: Oh, father! I just had the most wonderful time. I'm so happy.

The Sultan: You should be, Jasmine; I have I chosen a husband for you.

Jasmine: What?

The Sultan: You will wed Jafar.

Jafar: You're speechless, I see, A fine quality in a wife.

Jasmine: I will never marry you, Father, I choose Prince Ali.

Jafar: Prince Ali left.

Aladdin: Better check your crystal ball again, Jafar.

Jasmine: Prince Ali!

Aladdin stood in the doorway.

Aladdin: Tell them the truth, Jafar, You tried to have me killed!

Jafar: What? Ridiculous nonsense, your highness, He is obviously lying.

The Sultan: Obviously... lying.

Jasmine: Father, what's wrong with you?

Aladdin: I know what's wrong!

Aladdin grabbed Jafar's Staff and smashed it on the floor.

The Sultan: Oh, oh, oh my!

Aladdin: Your highness, Jafar's been controlling you with this!

The Sultan: What?! Jafar? You, you traitor!

Jafar: Your majesty, all of this can be explained.

The Sultan: Guards! Guards!

Jafar lunged for the magic lamp but Aladdin dodged him. As the guards rushed in, the evil traitor creeted a vail of smoke and escaped.

The Sultan: Find him, search everywhere!

Then, the Sultan remembered what Jasmine had said.

The Sultan: Can it be true? My daughter has finally chosen a suitor? Aha! Praise Allah! You brilliant boy, I could kiss you! I won't, I'll leave that to my-. You two will be wed at once! Yes, yes. And you'll be happy and prosperous, and then my boy, you will be sultan!

Aladdin: Sultan?

The Sultan: Yes, a fine upstanding youth like yourself, a person of your unimpeachable moral character is exactly what this kingdom needs!

Joyously, the sultan and Jasmine went off to make wedding arrangements. But it was a very worried looking Aladdin who returned to his room.

When no one's in Jasmine's room, Jafar's Snake Staff Aladdin destroyed disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Meanwhile...

Genie of the Lamp: Hazzah! Hailthe conquering hero! Aladdin, you've just won the heart of the princess, what are you gonna do next? Pist, your line is 'I'm going to free the genie', Anytime.

Aladdin: Genie... I can't.

Genie of the Lamp: Sure you can. You just go 'Genie, I wish you free'

Aladdin: I'm serious! Look, I'm sorry, I really am. But they want to make me sultan! No, they want to make Prince Ali sultan! Without you, I'm just Aladdin.

Genie of the Lamp: Al, you won.

Aladdin: Because of you, the only reason anyone thinks I'm worth anything is because of you. What if they find out that I'm not really a prince? What if Jasmine finds out? I'd lose here. Genie, I can't keep this up on my own. I... I can't wish you free.