Chapter 3

My hair, is my hair okay? I run over to the mirror. Damn, I look as good as I did five years ago! Well, I guess it is five years ago. Is my hair okay? My looks? Should I practice talking to him? I feel like a teenage girl, thinking all this. My brain is just scrambled okay? Scrambled with a thousand thoughts as my palms are sweaty. Am I nervous? Nooo, Anthony...Not at all! You just are about to meet someone for the first time in five years!...Fuck you sarcastic brain. Maybe I should practice what I'm gonna say.

So I try...over and over. "Hey, Ian...umm..I haven't seen you in a while...no, no..." "Sup? I'm sorry."  "Forgive me?" "I really love you and we should....no...." "Friends? Ugh." "Why does life?" "Sometimes...it feels like...your heart just...um...I don't know..." I just can't find the right words.

An hour later, the doorbell rang. Ian! I could break, or make, my life right now. I run over to the door as quick as I can. Ian...I haven't seen him in five years...A whole five years. Here it goes...Here goes, well, fate...

I open the door, to see Ian Andrew Hecox. It's really him. It's no allusion. It's no dream. All of it is real. He looks different. More...broken, different. My eyes widen. But despite all this, he looks the same as if he did five years ago. His bowl hair in place, his blue eyes sparkling. Still as short as he use to be...Heh. I can't....I can't believe my eyes. He's, right there, in front of me. A small tear forms in the corner of my eye. "I-It's...really..really you...I d-didn't think..." I barely manage to stutter out. Ian looks at me in confusion. "Yeah it's me, what do you want..." He says, in a somewhat harsh tone of voice. I can't speak. It feels like there's a lump in my throat.

I wrap my arms around Ian and pull him into a tight hug. I can't help it. All of this...five years...it kills me. "I missed you...please..." I say, letting a single tear roll down my face. "What...it's  been like, two hours..." Ian responds, not hugging me back at all. Ian stood there, frozen. "Ian...I messed up..forgive me, please. It was a terrible mistake. I love you," I just let the words slip from my lips. Ian pushes me off of him. Harshly, I may add. "Really? Fucking really Anthony?" Ian asks, obviously annoyed. "Wha-" "Don't even ask. First, you have the nerve to un-invite me from your wedding...where even I was the best man! You tell me to get out of your life and your asking me "what?"? The fuck? Of course I'm at least going to be a little pissed!" Ian yells at me, his tone of voice getting harsher and louder by the minute. It looks like steam is about to whistle from his ears, like in those cartoons. His fists clench so much they start to turn white. "It's only been two hours and you suddenly fall in love with me?!? You expect me to believe that fUCKING BULLSHIT!" His cheeks turn a bright red.. "Ian, please, I was shocked...I didn't know what to think..an-" "LIKE I SAID! DO YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT FUCKING BULLSHIT!"

"Fine...don't believe me...but I just want to forget any of that happened. I just want to start over. Best friends, hell...even friends I could live with myself." My reflection appears behind Ian. Ian freezes and Reflection starts speaking "Aww, you think sweetness is going to help Ian's insufferable rage? Think about it...wouldn't you be mad? Hell, you'd be furious. He didn't live those five years without you yet. Who knows? Maybe his life would be better off if you stayed out of it," Reflection taunts me. "Why the hell do you even try?" He asks. "Five whole years gives a person time to think," I explain, determined, before disappearing and leaving me with Ian once again. 

He completely unfreezes, just as if I pressed the play button on a remote."I just...at least want to be friends, or boyfriends, or best friends or, just...anything. Listen, I know it sounds like I don't mean it, but I really do love you. It's been two hours...but it's felt like...years. So many years...You don't have to believe me...I just want to be something." Ian's fists unclench and his face softens a bit. He looks down at his feet. "I mean...I guess we can be friends.....I'm still mad at you though, don't forget that." A smile inches up my face. "Thank you, love you." Ian sighs and rolls his eyes. Thank god that's behind us. I love how he's forgiving...not extremely, but kinda. ....How the hell am I gonna pull this off? 

(A/N) let's give magicmummy a round of applause for that beautiful chapter!! *applause roars all throughout the stadium* yeah! i know! she's beautiful i know i know! hope you mummies are enjoying this! i know for a fact i am! ^-^

(A/N) ^ ISN'T SHE JUST THE BEST? LIKE GURL. SHE WRITES BETTER THAN I DO. AND SHE SAYS THAT. (who am I kidding, everyone on this fucking website writes better than meh :-:) BUT STILL, HER STORIES ARE AMAZING AND I JUST  UGH. THANKS FOR READING! ^_^