Monster

(Welp ok here we go!! Am I weird? I'm having quite a lot of fun for writing about a depressed Itona... Haha oh well!😅)

(Y/n) p.o.v

"Itona, what are you doing?!"
I had opened the door to his room and been met with an awful sight.

*earlier that day*

"Come on, Itona, we have to get to school!"
Itona poked his head out from under the covers. He had fallen asleep again after the nightmare.
"No. I don't wanna go. Let me sleep!"
I walked over to his bed, meaning to drag him out, but stopped when I saw the bags under his eyes.
I decided to let him stay for this one day, after all he was not sleeping well due to his night terrors.
I sighed. "Fine, JUST today."
He pulled the covers back over his head again.
I went to school and told Korosensei he was just tired. Thankfully that seemed to satisfy him.
But halfway through the day, I got a really bad feeling, and as soon as lunch began, I went to Korosensei and asked to be excused early.
"Is there something you need to do?" He asked.
I shook me head. "No, I just thought I would go make sure Itona's ok."
"Of course. And if you need anything, do not hesitate to ask."
I thanked him and headed back home.
My parents were on a business trip, so they don't mind my staying with him (although of course they don't know I'm staying with a guy).
Halfway home, the feeling got worse and I started running.
When I got back, a man dressed all in white was just leaving.
He looked at me in surprise (I think, his face was covered) then left.
Then I remembered that Nagisa had mentioned Shiro dressed in all white and covered his face.
'Oh my god, was that Shiro?'
I headed in quickly and locked the door behind myself.
I ran to Itona's room, tripping over the little machinery and cursing. I threw open the door to see Itona, curled on the floor.
Crying.
And cutting himself.
And whispering to himself.
"A monster, I'm a monster, a monster,"
He kept repeating this as he cried.

*present time*

I ran to him and threw the pocketknife away. He jerked up, scrambling away with a short cry of terror.
I held up my hands in a non-threatening manner.
"Hey, Itona, it's me."
He stared at me with wide eyes.
"(Y-Y/n)?"
I nodded. "Yes, it's me. Itona, what happened?"
He didn't answer but cried harder.
I carefully shuffled closer, hoping not to alarm him.
He didn't react at all until I reached out to touch him.
"No! D-don't touch me. Stay away.." He backed against the wall.
"Itona, tell me what happened."
But he shook his head and didn't seem to hear. "You-you can't come any closer, j-just stay away, can't you see it?"
"See what, Itona?"
He looked up at me, more scared than I've ever seen him.
"Th-the blood, (Y/n)! The blood! I'm a monster.. I did this, I'm a monster-"
His hands clawed at his head, blood dripping down his arm.
"Itona. Itona! Listen to me. Look at me." He slowly tilted his head to look at me.
"You're not a monster, ok? Now tell me what happened. Was it Shiro?"
He flinched.
"Y-yea."
"What did he want?"
Itona shook his head, covering his ears. "Please, I can't anymore. I can't!"
I finally reached his side and slowly pulled him close.
"It's ok, no one is asking you too."
Itona shook.
"No, Shiro wants me to, he says I have to."
"To what, Itona?"
"T-to go back with him. H-he says their are some people he wants dead, but he doesn't have the-the time to go after them himself. H-he says it won't really make a difference since I've already killed so many."
I felt my eyes widen in surprise. Go back? Why would he want Itona back.
Itona clung to my shirt, crying.
"Please, (Y/n), please help me. I-I can't do it, I can't. The.. The screams, they..."
I held Itona close, whispering reassurances quietly until he finally calmed down.
I stood up. "I'll be right back, ok?"
He nodded. I went and grabbed some bandages, trying not to think about why he had so many.
I went back to him and wrapped up his arms.
Then I picked up my phone and dialed Mr. Karasuma. Itona saw and stopped me.
"Wait, what are you doing?"
"I'm going to tell Mr. Karasuma what's going on. You're going to need someone to watch over you with Shiro wanting to start up his expirement and all."
Itona shook his head.
"No, I don't want them to know. Just... Just leave it alone. Besides, it was probably just empty threats, if he wanted to expirement again, why doesn't he just get someone knew?"
I thought for a moment.
"Maybe because he already knows you can survive, and doesn't want to waste time looking for a new test subject."
He winced at the words 'test subject' and shook his head.
"(Y/n), why are you doing this?" He asked all of a sudden.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean why are you helping me? Why do you care what happens to me? After all, I killed people. I'm a monster."
I sighed. "Itona, you have to stop thinking like that. You're not a monster, and he forced you to kill those people, trust me anyone in your position would have done what you did."
I called Mr. Karasuma. He picked up almost immediately.
"Hello, (Y/n)?"
"Mr. Karasuma, I need some help."
"What is it, what's wrong? Korosensei told me you were looking after Itona. Did something happen to him?"
I glanced at Itona, who was staring at his hands.
"Ya. He's not safe here, I need to get him somewhere we can watch him."
"Why, what happened? Is he alright?" Mr. Karasuma sounded concerned.
"Shiro showed up. He says he wants Itona back."
In the background, I could Mr karasuma cursing.
"That damn bastard." He muttered.
He spoke with someone else then said, "ok, Korosensei is coming to bring you both to the school."
Literally not one second later, Korosensei appeared, tapping the window.
I jumped up and let him in.
"Ok he's here. Thanks Mr karasuma."
I hung up. Korosensei was fussing over Itona.
"Are you okay? Did he hurt you? I swear the next time I see that man..." Itona shook him off.
"I'm fine." Then Korosensei saw his bandages. "Oh dear, what are these?"
Itona hid them under his sleeves.
"Their nothing. I said I'm fine."
"Well, if you insist..."
I could tell he wasn't convinced.
They arrived at school about half a minute later, and Korosensei put them in the class. Everyone had apparently been alerted and were waiting for us.
As soon as we walked in they rushed over to make sure Itona was ok.
He did the same thing as with Korosensei.
I explained to everyone what happened (leaving out his panic attack). I also asked Korosensei about whether Shiro actually did want Itona back because he could survive the experiments and Korosensei said I was correct.
Then suddenly there was a loud bang, and anti-sensei pressure rays were turned on, aiming in through the windows and pining Korosensei to the floor.

(Ok, I think I'm done for this chapter. Wow, this is the longest one so far. Well, bye for now I guess. 😴 To sleep I go.....)