Chapter 07 - Look at Him

The next day, Fenrir and Loki are dressed similarly to how they were yesterday, both in sunglasses and heavy coats. Thor is carrying their bag with their very few possessions. Dr. Banner chases after them.

"You have your schedule of appointments, and your medications. Please completely finish the course of antibiotics. Every single pill."

"I understand, Doctor Banner, thank you."

"You have my number, correct?"

"Got it."

"If you need anything, if you want to talk, you use call me, alright? I will have my phone on me."

Loki nods and pauses at the door until they are beckoned over by the police officers. Loki picks up Fenrir and holds him close. Fenrir takes in the size of the world, whispering a small "wow" into Loki's ear, which makes Loki hum in agreement. People are talking all around them and Fenrir doesn't understand a thing.

She is ushered into a van, accidentally bumping Fenrir's head. Thor and Frigga file in after them.

"Sorry," she says as she buckles him in, the door being shut behind them. Before they know it, the convoy is headed out. Loki watches as Fenrir takes in the world around them.

"I love you, my sweet baby," she whispers as she takes the mask off his face. The cars turn as she does, and it becomes a street that looks familiar but is strange. There is the media all over the road and set up behind barricades.

"Jesus," Loki mumbles and tidies her hair.

She watches as Odin emerges from the first car, beginning to address the crowds and reporters. Thor sighs and he's taken aback by all the people outside his childhood home. So many people who have never met Loki in their life are holding signs. Some read: 'We love you', 'We knew you'd come home', or 'God bless you'.

"Ready for this sister?"

Loki adjusts her sunglasses, puts the mask over Fenrir's face again, and unbuckles both of their seatbelts. She doesn't answer Thor. "Are you ready, love?"

"Steady - go."

They climb out, heads down shielded by the detectives and Thor. Fenrir stumbles and almost falls, but Thor picks him up, shielding him from the cameras with his body. Loki looks back to make sure he's okay before. There is a helicopter overhead and Frigga joins them, taking Loki's hand and they rush for the front door.

People are screaming to get Fenrir's attention and Loki's as well. Thor hands off Fenrir to Loki and joins Odin, who is speaking to the reporters. "Now... excuse me, please... now I will read a brief statement our family after which I would ask you to respect our privacy. I'm sure you can understand this is a very..." his voice fades as Frigga, Loki and Fenrir enter the house. Another agent speaks to them now, Officer Barton. Fenrir scowls.

"The back of the property is well screened, and we've added to that where necessary. So, if you keep these drapes closed, you'll have complete privacy. We'll be right outside if there's anything at all you need. I'm sure Thor will have it handled though." The agent leaves and suddenly it's Frigga, Loki, and Fenrir standing in complete silence.

Frigga breaks the silence, sounding beat, "My goodness. Are you two okay? Quite a crowd..."

"We are fine, that was crazy. I didn't expect there to be so many... people who care that much?"

"Of course, there would be people that care, Loki. It is a relief to have you home. Fenrir, would you like a drink?" Frigga asks.

Fenrir sticks glued to Loki's side. "Fenrir, Grandma is asking if you'd like something to drink, be polite please."