80s Zombies (Part Two)

"Stop taking all of the fruit, John!"

"Shut the fuck up and mind your business, Evan."

"Jaren, if you don't get out of my seat, I'm going to go ape shit."

"Fucking make me, pussy."

"Oh, for crying out loud," I growled, eating from a can of pineapples. "Eat your food and shut up." The group went quiet again as we continued our makeshift breakfast.

It's been a good few days since this whole zombie outbreak had started and the guys would not stop arguing incessantly. I took matters into my hands, choosing to sit between them whenever they attempted to argue or just change the subject. But honestly, it was getting annoying.

Now we were sitting in the middle of a grocery store, planning our next course of action.

"The first course of business, we get more clothes," John stated, looking at all of us with a half-lidded stare. "The mall is bound to be looted, but I know that many people would've bypassed the clothes."

"Cool," I muttered, finishing up my fruit. "I suggest we get bigger bags before anything, though."

"I think Foot Locker might have bags," Evan mentioned, tossing his empty can over his shoulder. "If no one took them, that is."

"Only one way to find out." Jaren stood up, stretching. All five of us made our way out of the store, avoiding any lingering zombies in the parking lot. Jonathan jumped into the driver's seat while the rest of us tried to wrestle for the passenger's.

"I haven't sat there yet!" I whined, climbing on top of Evan, who was trying to get in. Jaren held us both back from getting in, whining as well.

"Get off of me, Y/n!" He growled, grabbing my ankle to try and shake me off.

"No, I want shotgun!" I placed a hand on his face, successfully pushing him away from the seat. In a swift motion, I jumped off his back and into the seat next to Jonathan. "Ha ha!" I laughed triumphantly, buckling myself in as Jaren and Evan caught their balance.

"You bitch!" Evan looked like he was about to choke me out, but Jonathan slapped his hands away from my throat.

"No fighting in my car." The two of them glared for a good few seconds before Evan turned his glare to me. I stuck out my tongue, closing the door. Evan complained lowly as he climbed into the back seat, sitting between Jaren and John. "Buckle up, pussies."

The ride to the mall was, of course, full of swearing and insults. I looked out the window, trying to block it all out as I stared into what was my city.

"Ok, guys. We get in, find bags, get clothes, and get out." Jaren looked at everyone, unbuckling his belt as Jonathan parked his truck. "Everyone still have their walkie talkies?"

"Roger."

"Yup."

"Mhm."

"Yeah."

"Alright, let's go." 

I'm not even exaggerating when I say that mall was trashed. Various bodies were scattered around and many stores were empty.

"Ugh." I gagged, turning away from the corpse near the entrance. "Let's just go." Evan led the way, holding his rifle protectively. I followed him closely, getting paranoid by how dreary the mall looked.

After a few minutes, we had reached Foot Locker, which was surprisingly intact compared to other stores. Guess no one cared about shoes when the zombies struck.

"Ah ha! Here's the bags." Evan proclaimed, grinning happily. He led us over to a shelf, full of unused duffel bags.

I quickly claimed a red and white one, opening my backpack to transfer my things over. It was only then when everything had quickly gone downhill.