Welcome to Happy Burger

ship: vanossgaming x reader x iamwildcat x basicallyidowrk x miniladd

warnings: happy burger au, based off of that one video they did, rats, this is just humorous not really romantic, this is the most chaotic thing ive written

"Welcome to Happy Burger, where burgers are served with a-- oh, it's just you." Marcel cut himself off, seeing I was coming in through the main entrance. "Hey, Y/n."

"Sup, Marcel." I grinned, going to the back room. "Busy day so far?"

"Nope. Nothing too bad except for the fact that Evan and Tyler are both working on burgers." Wincing lightly, I took off my jacket, quickly putting on my apron.

"Yeesh. I'll go check on them." I got done tying it, going to the kitchen's door. I regretted opening it because as soon as I did, Tyler yelled,

"THERE'S NO BACON ON THAT ONE, EVAN!" I poked my head inside, seeing that Tyler was yelling at Evan while the latter was crying of laughter. Beside them was a discarded burger with what looked to be a fist mark on the bun. Tyler probably took his anger out on the poor thing.

"Hey, boys!" I quickly cut in, hoping the de-escalate the situation. They both turned to me, Tyler visibly calming down.

"Hey, Y/n. When'd you get here?" I picked up the remains of food from the floor, smiling at them.

"Not too long ago. How's burger duty treating you?" Tyler just huffed, getting work on another burger while Evan gave me a lopsided grin.

"It's a process." The backdoor opened, revealing another coworker of mine. "Hey, Craig."

"Hey, guys." He smiled at us, looking both exhausted and happy. "I heard screaming and decided to wait it out."

"Smart move," I told him, hearing the all too familiar dinging noise of a new order being put in. "Time to get to work, I guess."

I was always put on burger making duty, partially because Evan liked making the others mad when he worked with them. I got three burgers done when I heard a shriek come from the front counter.

Evan, Tyler, and I stopped what we were working on, seeing Craig and Marcel book it to the kitchen. They hid behind us, both looking equally terrified.

"What happened?" I asked, growing concerned for my friends. Marcel pointed his finger and when I turned around, I saw it.

A rat.

A big, fucking hairy rat that was the size of my shoe.

I let out a screech, grabbing the nearest plate and throwing it as it crawled over to us. We all ran away, climbing onto the dirty counter as it roamed the kitchen. Huddled together, we all were shaking from fear and disgust.

"What do we fucking do?" Tyler whispered, his eyes following the creatures every movement.

"I don't get paid enough for this," Craig complained as the rat stopped to eat a burger bun. 

"It's a minimum wage job. What do you expect?" Evan countered, tensing up as the rat stared at us with beady eyes. I slowly reached for the frying pan near me, not taking my eyes off of it.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" I didn't reply to Marcel, just focusing on my hand wrapping around the pan. And in a swift motion, I picked up the pan and launched it at the rat...

Only to miss by a foot.

The rat ran towards us, causing us all to scramble down from the counter and into opposite directions. I let out a scream that was louder than a police siren as it ran for me. I turned around, jumping onto the food counter and knocked off all the food. My sneakers squeaked as I crawled around, hoping the rat wouldn't come to me.

Evan and Marcel had begun to throw various dishes, causing a hilarious amount of noise to come from the kitchen. The rat dodged and weaved, running frantically across the floor.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THERE?" Our manager, Scotty, had burst into the kitchen, looking furious. His anger quickly melted as he came face to face with the rat. Well... not face to face, more like face to feet.

A silence fell over us as we watched our manager stare down the rodent. Scotty slowly reached for the air freshener, grabbing his lighter from his pocket.

But it was almost as if the rat knew what he was doing because it ran towards him. Scotty's scream was louder than all of ours as he pressed down the air freshener and put the lighter in front of it. The fire blazed but it didn't deter the rat as it kept running.

Scotty ran out of the kitchen with the rat following behind him. And after a few short seconds, we heard the screams of the customers. I slowly got down from the counter, eyeing the entrance to the kitchen.

"I'm out." Grabbing my keys, I quickly fled from the kitchen, being followed by the others. "You guys wanna go play mini golf?"