Chapter 27- Rain

There was silence prevailing in Sikandar Villa as two crucial inhabitants of the family were not there. Chirping of birds was resounding in the quiet house where Sahir was sitting on the kitchen table, and Saba was making bread omelet. Sunlight from the window was illuminating the kitchen, making it the coziest part of the house.

Putting the breakfast in front of him, who was busy with mobile, she sat beside him.

"When is your last lecture?" He asked and took a bite of bread.

"3 pm."

"Do you have any plans with your friends afterwards or want to get home?"

"No plans."

Laziness was etched in her expressions so Sahir didn't ask more questions.

"I will come around 7 pm." He announced while taking the last bite.

"Hmm"

She replied while lazily taking bites of her breakfast.

As soon as Sahir left, her gaze went toward each nook of the kitchen, frustration taking a toll on her nerves.

"How will I manage the whole house alone?"

Nervousness settled in her nerves which she shook away and stood from her place to get ready for university.

While she was going to step out of her room, she remembered that today is the last date to submit fees.

She swiftly went toward her cupboard and took out fees from her cupboard.

"I should start taking freelance projects now."

She thought while gazing at a few notes left in her drawer.

........................

Anger rippled in her orbs and a strong urge to shriek with frustration hit her which she took control of.

It had been half an hour since she was standing in the line to submit her fees, and now the University account office was telling her that there is an error in submitting her fees.

"Kindly come into the account office so that we can solve your issue."

Accountant signaled her through the small window at which she nodded her head and headed toward the office door while taking a deep sigh to control her frenzy nerves.

"Assalam o Alaikum!" She greeted to the person who was sitting into the account office

"Walaikum Asalaam! Tell your roll number and we will do adjustments in the system."

She told her roll number and was taking out the money from bag when a girl stepped into the office. Having layers of makeup on her face, long hair falling on her back, doused with heavy perfume and clad in a tight fitting dress, she stood near the accountant's table and greeted him with a chuckle.

"Walaikum Asssalaaam" Accountant greeted with excitement and amused smile etched on his face.

"My viva is going to start so I want to take out money from my account for notes. So, please do my work within a minute."

She said in a friendly tone and leaned a bit forward on the accountant whose eyes lit up.

"Noo. I don't want to do it in a hurry. You have to wait for a few minutes."

Accountant said with a pout while leaning against the chair headboard.

Saba rolled her eyes at this scene while her blood started boiling.

"My issue has been resolved?" She asked but the girl and accountant ignored her.

"Please! You are the best accountant in the world." The girl said with puppy eyes at which a chuckle escaped from the man's lips.