Chapter 29-Fatima Marriage

"Assalam o Alaikum, Saba! How are you?"

Asma's mother's gentle voice resonated in her ears at which she feigned a smile toward her, ignoring Asma.

They were standing on the threshold of Mr. Akram's house, and Asma's family were the sudden guests who intervened in the meetup of Saba with her parents.

"Walaikum Assalam, Aunty! Come, please!"

She let them into the house where Saba's parents became a bit shocked at seeing them. Nevertheless, flashing smiles and greeting them, they gave the full respect a guest deserved.

Saba went to the kitchen for refreshments, Asma immersed herself in the mobile while her mother became busy with Saba's parents.

"I have come here for inviting all of you to Fatima's marriage which is going to be held after two weeks in our village."

Asma's mother announced her eldest daughter's marriage while fishing out two invitation cards from her bag.

On one, it was written Mr. and Mrs. Akram while on the other it was scribbled, Mr. and Mrs. Sahir.

Saba came out of the kitchen with a tea trolley when these words fall upon her ears.

"How is your married life going on, Saba?" Asma's mother asked her at which Asma raised orbs and gazed at her curiously.

"Alhamdulillah! Sahir is supportive and in-laws are the nicest ones!"

Saba replied while gazing at Asma's face where a frown was etched. Fury rippled in her blood, and a lump of tears formed a bit which she swiftly gulped down. Hatred coming from the other person is always painful.

"That's great! You should attend the marriage. I will be waiting for you."

Asma's mother emphasized with a gentle smile at which she smiled and assured them, but doubts were lurking in her being as she was unsure of Sahir's response to this invitation.

………………

"We will surely attend this marriage as it is your near one's marriage."

Sahir said in a casual tone when Saba asked him. They both were sitting in the room, Saba was on the couch while Sahir was on the bed.

"Yeah. You know Asma, right?" She again asked, unsure whether he remembered her or not.

"I know her, Saba. But, I want to forget the past and focus on the future. Just move on from that incident."

Sahir said with a smile but Saba's face became expressionless. Sahir saw pain pulsing in her orbs and pain gripped his heart.

Taking a deep sigh, he decided that it is the ideal time to resolve all the disputes and questions so that distance between them could be overcome.

Standing from the bed, he went near to the couch and sat beside her. Saba's gaze was silently following his actions, waiting for him to speak.

"So, it is time to move on from the past."

A deep silence followed by Sahir's words. The intense silence prevailing in the atmosphere, the whole world halted, gazing at both individuals while holding their breath. There was impatience etched on Saba's face while thoughtful expressions were on Sahir's.

"An incident happened with me in the university during my BS years."

Saba'a gaze focused on his face who was speaking while looking ahead, ignoring her gaze.