1. welcome to beverly hills

"Is my class boring you again, Ms

"Is my class boring you again, Ms.Adams?"

Stacey stopped her pen and looked up to see the whole classes eye on her as Mr.Yates stared her down. She dropped the pen, whispering an apology before listening back to the history of the Civil War.

"At least the bird looks good," Jane chuckled right next to her.

Stacey threw a gum wrapper at her. "At least I have some talent."

"My talent is having the whole soccer team swoon over me," Jane countered back. "And the one you're talking about is making Jordan jealous whenever he walks by you and Clayton."

Stacey rolled her eyes. "Jordan just happens to be walking by us. Clay's my boyfriend and I can kiss him when I want whenever I want."

"Hey can you two keep it down?" Olivia Baker turned around with an annoyed glare. "I'm trying to focus and if Mr.Yates yells at you again, you'll both get detention."

Stacey put her hands up in surrender and watched Olivia turn back around. A part of her missed how the four girls were, but Olivia distanced herself from them; she couldn't do anything about it.

+++

Stacey and Jane headed to their lockers before lunch to drop their books off. Layla was walking by them, but stopped when they all made eye contact.

"Hey guys!" she smiled, something every guy swooned over. Well, in Stacey's case it was her brother who was in love with that smile.

"Hey," Stacey said. "How was your summer?"

"Really good, thanks." Layla pulled out her phone and brought up an Instagram page. "This is the new guy: Spencer James. He transferred for an academic scholarship, but is amazing at football. Won the state championship with South Crenshaw."

"Pretty cute," Jane commented, "maybe Stacey will go after him, you know, since she loves football boys."

The blonde hit her in the shoulder. "Okay that's enough now. Lets go to lunch." Stacey and Jane closed their lockers and went to walk off, but Stacey looked back at Layla. "Come on."

Layla was surprised that she had offered for her to come, but happily took her outstretched arm as they all walked together. At Beverly High, all the star football players and their girlfriends/friends sat on the steps in the courtyard. Stacey had continued to sit here even after her and Jordan broke up; they were friends now, but at times their lovely friends would remind them of their past.

"This is a rare sight," Asher said as the three girls walked up.

Stacey smiled at her brother. "New school year Ash, things are in the past."

Nothing bad ever happened to Jane, Layla, and Stacey. After Olivia ghosted herself, the three girls just lost touch with each other.