9. i'd do anything for you

+++

+++

"The color rush is my favorite," Coach Baker comments as he swipes the screen so it shows up on the TV. "Not a lot of high schools have this, it's mostly in the NFL now."

"That's exactly why I made them. Beverly deserves to be recognized." Stacey gulped down the last bit of orange juice and picked up their plates. "Also, thank you for breakfast. It means a lot."

Coach Baker put down his laptop and followed her to the kitchen. He took the plates from her and put it in the sink. "Oh, it's not a problem. You're welcome over here anytime. Especially since...the whole situation."

Stacey froze up a little, still not liking to be reminded of everything. "It's okay. I'm, well I'm getting better."

Footsteps ran down the staircase and Jordan looked in the kitchen. "Hey dad I need to talk–"

He stopped when Stacey came into view. He looked at his dad. "Stacey was just showing the uniforms to me again. We're planning to write a P.O for it soon."

"Uh, cool," Jordan said, not looking at the blonde at all. "Can I talk to you? In private?"

Coach Baker nodded and excused himself from Stacey. She decided to clean the dishes so they could have some privacy. However, the water didn't drown out their conversation.

"Dad, the results of the test come out today. I'm freaking out–"

"Listen son, I'm going to need you to go to school today like normal. Everything will be fine."

"If they found out I smoked weed, I'm done for."

"Jordan. Wanna do something for me? Don't stress about it."

Stacey couldn't believe what she was hearing. She dried the dishes quickly, wiped her hands off, and gathered her belongings. Slinging her backpack over her shoulder she went to the front door.

"Thank you Mr.Baker again," she tells him. "I'll see you later!"

She feels Jordan behind her, walking out the doorway as well to head to school. Before thinking twice, she turns around. "Did Ripley make you smoke weed?"

Jordan's eyes widen and he brings her towards his car. "How the hell do you know about that?"

"You talk loudly," she points out.

Jordan breathes in, not knowing what to do right now. Stacey decides to speak her mind, "I don't think she's a good influence on you. I got a bad vibe from her when I met her. I think she turned you in."

"Stop it," Jordan interjects. "I don't need your input on who I date. In fact, I don't even know why I'm talking to you right now."

"Jordan please," she gets in front of his car door so he can't leave. "I shouldn't have said that, but I'm not sorry I did. I still want the best for you."