33. stressed out

before i start this chapter, i want to thank holyscotts for this AMAZING edit!! she did this as a gift and i can't describe how perfect it is

before i start this chapter, i want to thank holyscotts for this AMAZING edit!! she did this as a gift and i can't describe how perfect it is. just look at my babies🥺. this will be my 'sign off' for every chapter and i'm going to put it at the beginning of the book as well. anyways,, enjoy the chapter!!

+++

Stacey Adams has been stressed in her life before

Stacey Adams has been stressed in her life before. School, sports, and business deadlines were the most notable causes of this. A new source of stress developed over the past couple of days, however. She had to tell everyone (mainly Jordan) that she'd be in New York City for the summer. Taking part in a program that would most likely secure her a spot at NYU; her dream school. NYU is far away from everyone, especially Jordan's dream school of UCLA.

Not having the greatest night of sleep, Stacey gave in and went over to the Baker house for Olivia's morning yoga session.

Layla, Spencer, Olivia, JJ, and Stacey all took deep breaths on their mats, focusing on their yoga stances. Stacey had her eyes closed as a conversation went along around her.

"If I can't play this weekend, it's not gonna matter if I'm in game shape or not," Spencer expressed his concerns of his future. "All the downward dog's gonna be for nothing."

"Oh, not for nothing," Olivia corrects him. "I mean, yoga's good for you, anyway. It helps with strength, flexibility, balance, even stress."

"You got the last one right," Stacey mumbles.

"And the goats?" Spencer questions, trying not to move as a literal goat balanced on his back.

Stacey leaned down, stretching her back even more. "JJ, I knew you were weird, but I didn't know you were this weird."

Layla giggles. "Well, they help your heart by being cute."

"I thought 'goat' stood for 'Greatest Of All Time'," JJ tries to defend his actions. It didn't help him out a lot.

Spencer shakes his head, "Sometimes it's just goat, man."

"I'm sorry, okay? This week sucks," JJ sighs. "Goats are peeing everywhere, Coach is suspended, Spence might not play, and the venue for the Jamboree party fell through."