she comes home from tour early

A/N: my heart hurts with what's going on with Tay right now 😔 this feels like 2016 all over again. I wish I could just give her a huge hug ❤️

***
She quietly closed the door behind her and tried her best to navigate her way through the living room.

Tour ended a couple of days early due to unforeseen circumstances but Taylor was more than happy to be able to come back home early to you.

The current time was one am and she knew that you had work the previous day but were off today, all the pieces falling into place perfectly.

She bent down to pet the cats that were sleeping on the floor. Olivia purred and it made Taylor giggle, the reality that she was home made her heart race. It's been five months since she last saw you and it had been the longest five months of her life.

She pets Meredith and Benjamin for a minute before walking upstairs with her suitcase dragging behind her, Taylor biting her lip wanting to remain quiet.

She reached your bedroom door and took a deep breath; she was about to see your face again for the first time in five months.

You'd finally be back in her arms and she could finally kiss you and tell you that she loves you against the skin of your neck like you always loved.

She pushed the bedroom door open and closed it behind her before putting her suitcase on the ground away from the door.

She noticed the curtains were open and the moonlight was lighting up the room enough to light up the bed, which you were currently resting on.

It was as if she was looking at you for the first time; your skin looked so soft and your hair was fanned around your head, your lips parted as little snores escaped them and she felt all the stress and anxiety that she's felt since she had to leave you finally left her body and she slowly made her way over to you.

She kicked off her shoes and climbed up onto her side of the bed, her hand finding the skin of your back.

She leaned forward and rested her forehead against your head, breathing in the smell of your shampoo, a smell that always made her feel good inside.

She kissed your hair before looking at you, leaning down and pressing a few kisses to your shoulder.

You stirred in your sleep and Taylor felt her heart skip a few beats.

"Y/N?" Taylor whispered against your shoulder blade and you opened your eyes slowly.

The feeling of someone breathing against your skin made you jump but you relaxed when you heard her voice.

"Shh, baby, it's just me."

You jumped up and turned on your lamp before turning around, finally coming face to face with the love of your life again for the first time in months.

"Tay?"

It was all you could say at that moment. The tears welled up in your eyes and you leaped in to her lap, your tears falling against her skin as you both wrapped your arms around each other.

"You're here. Yours actually here." You whispered in disbelief and placed your hands on her cheeks, Taylor smiled at you through the tears in her eyes and rested her forehead on yours.

"I am. I'm here baby doll, I'm finally here."

You kissed her soft lips and pulled away seconds later, caressing every inch of her face with your hands.

"I love you so much. I missed you, Tay."

Taylor laughed as you threw your arms around her neck making her fall back into the mattress, you falling on top of her as you both laughed.

"I love you so much more y/n. Shit, they told me we had to cancel a couple shows that I'll have to make up later but I don't care about that right now. I'm finally home with you. That's all that matters to me right now."

She grabbed your face and gently pulled you on top of her.

"Are you tired, Tay?"

She nodded but stroked your face with her thumbs, her heart doing leaps in her chest as she memorized all your features again.

"Why don't you go to sleep? We can talk about the tour in the morning."

She nodded her head and you buried your face in her neck before closing your eyes, Taylor following suit seconds later.

She stayed awake for a few more minutes just soaking up the feeling of you being back in her arms again.

The love she had for you was indescribable and her heart was beyond happy to be back with you.