Dewey

Valerie watched as Brandon and Caitlyn spoke, chewing on the end of her sweater sleeve as she observed Caitlyn suddenly breaking out into a bashful smile.

Fucking hell. He brought me here to be his third wheel?

Something deep and hurtful twisted into Valerie's gut. For a moment she thought...what the fuck was she thinking?

What did I think this was? I'm his friend. Just his friend.

Valerie couldn't look at Brandon's sweet smile as he spoke to Caitlyn. Of course things had changed. Did she really think 6 foot 3 Brandon Beyer was going to be bullied by a girl who barely reached 5'6? Caitlyn was gorgeous. Brandon was good looking. It just made sense.

But the feelings of blatant jealousy were still pooling into Valerie's stomach. Her eyes stung. She saw it coming the moment he took off and left her alone at this stupid party.

Brandon didn't even notice when Valerie started to walk down the river.

Why did he even bring me here?

Valerie walked, absentminded until she finally noticed that she couldn't even hear the music from the party. She could tell was she was now. The driving path to the bridge to her left with the river to her right. Valerie intended to leave, so she walked to the dirt road, surrounded by trees.

Quiet, and dark. I'm right at home. Valerie darkly chuckled.

Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder. Valerie yelped, alarmed, spinning around and swatting the hand away.

"Whoa, whoa! Hey! It's me! Dewey!" Valerie paused her swatting. Eyes wide and heart frantically beating.

"Jeeeeesus!!" Valerie breathed out. "What do you want?" She complained.

"Nothing!" Dewey laughed, hands up in the air . "Just...wondering why you're all the way down here instead of being with your friend."

Dewey circled her, like a wolf that found a doe. Valerie didn't miss those hungry eyes that he was poorly trying to conceal.

"I want to be alone right now, thanks." Valerie tried to firmly, but politely dismiss the drug addicted teen.

"You need to loosen up." Dewey said anyway, he raised his hand and showed off two little tablets of God knows what. "Come on."

"No thanks." Valerie tried to head towards the bridge.

"Come on Val." This time she heard the grit in his voice.

"I said no Dewey." There was a pause,

"Fine."

Dewey moved forward, perfectly aware of Valerie's terrified glare as she backed into a tree. His sweat soaked curly hair in the cold air briefly touched her forehead.

"Man, I told Brandon not to bring you cause I thought you were a loser. But up close, you're pretty hot."

Dewey's alcohol covered breath filled Valerie's nostrils. Flashbacks of her dad cornering her in the house filled her mind.

"Let's have some fun. Okay?" He said hastily, "I tried to loosen you up. But I guess you want the full experience."

Suddenly Dewey thrust his large hands into the waist band of her jeans. His lips went at her own. Valerie swung her head just in time for his sloppy kisses to land on her cheek instead as he pressed her into the trees with his body.

Valerie shut her eyes and pushed him, "oh my god! Get off!" She shouted at him. But she found her hands not cooperating. Instead just scratching at his shirt as she moved her head around to avoid his lips. The fight was leaving her. Something her body tended to do to avoid further injury when her father saw fit to hit her.

"Stop it!!" Valerie finally screamed.

Suddenly Dewey was ripped away from her. Yelling expletives along the way as he reached behind himself to get the hold off of his collared shirt.

"Fuck man!"

Valerie opened her eyes. Brandon standing in front of her as Dewey, both drunk and high sneered at them. Brandon's shoulders were so tense he looked like a cat preparing to pounce. His back was to her. But somehow Valerie was sure that Brandon looked angrier than she ever seen him. How did he get here so fast?

"Fuck both of you!" Dewey gave them the middle finger before stomping off towards the bridge.

Valerie was breathing hard. Hands shaking, memories of abuse flooding her eyes. Brandon turned to her, reaching out to console her, but when he touched her she shoved his hands away,

"No!" Valerie cried out, ripping out of Brandon's grip. She looked at him, hurt and terror laced into her eyes. It was like looking at an abused puppy.

"Why did you even bring me here?" She asked with an accusatory glare. Brandon couldn't answer her. None of this was planned. He just wanted to confront Caitlyn.

"Val." Brandon started.

"Save it Brandon. I'm going home." Valerie cut him off before walking the opposite way Dewey went, back towards the party.

Brandon was speechless at first. Valerie looked at him as though he betrayed her. His fists curled into tight balls. He was mad at himself for pestering Valerie to come to the party when she didn't want to, he mad at Valerie for even thinking that he would plan for Dewey to come on to her and...

Dewey.

This was his fault.

This was all. his. fault.

Brandon's glowing red eyes looked towards where Dewey had stomped off. Towards the bridge. Those symbols, they were everywhere, clouding his vision.

TAKE HIM.

Dewey leaned on the bridge railing, mumbling angrily to himself. Ticking uncontrollably. He pulled out a hit of PAC, before madly sniffing it. He heard footsteps behind him,

"Took you long enough to come apologize to me Beyer." Dewey rubbed at his tingling nose before turning around, "I wasn't gonna hurt her. She was asking for it-mmmph!!!"

Dewey was lifted off the ground. His shirt collar crumpled within the iron grip of Brandon Beyer.

"What the fuck Beyer!" Dewey screamed. Brandon's eyes burned red. Pure hate covered his features as he stared holes into Dewey. "What the fuck are you!?" Dewey screamed again.

Brandon moves forward, dangling Dewey over the rails of the bridge.

"Oh god! No! Please, Brandon please, stop! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I won't touch her again!" He pleaded.

But his pleading fell on deaf ears. No one, was going to touch Valerie again.

No one.

"Please..." Dewey begged one last time.

Brandon let go.