Betrayal

When Brandon disappeared into the sky, Valerie was too traumatized to move.

He ripped him apart. Brandon literally ripped her father apart. So much blood covered the snow.

A hand here, a leg there. His head was somewhere in this snow.

After what her father did to her, she still...god she felt like he didn't deserve this. No one deserves this. What a horrible way to die.

He did this because of her.

Valerie climbed into the drivers seat. The door was completely missing from Brandon snatching her father out of the car. She started the truck and quickly prayed a, "thank you," when it roared to life.

She needed to find Brandon. She needed to calm him down.

She was tired of being saved, she needed to save him.

~*~

"Please, Deever!! You can't have my son!" Tori sobbed.

Merilee had just been taken home. Her life was crumbling before her eyes.

"Tori, your son is in serious trouble. He was at the scene with the Dewey Kid, now he's placed at the scene with Kyle and Noah." Suddenly his hand held radio went off,

"Sir, we just got an emergency call from the highschool. Two dead one critically injured." Deever gave Tori a knowing look,

"10-4, I'll be there after I pick up the Breyer kid."

Suddenly the power went out.

"Oh god." Tori trembled.

Both officer had their guns out.

"Don't you move you understand." Deever told Tori before walking to the front door. He opened the door slowly, before stepping outside to take a look.

The street lights were on. But there was no one in his immediate eyesight.

"Alright," Deever called back to his partner and Tori, "all cle-"

"Oh god!!" Tori screamed.

"You are safe now, we've got you." The female officer tried to console her.

Deever's blood coated the pillars that held up the upstairs balcony. As if he had exploded all over the front porch.

"Oh shit!!" The female officer cursed, "Let's go! Take cover!"

"No you don't understand!" Tori cried out.

"Go!" The officer pulled at the radio on her shoulder, "Requesting backup at the Breyer residence. Immediate help!" A noise startled her, "We have a 217 in progress at route 9.
Requesting backup."

The radio buzzed, the operators voice turning to static,

"I repeat: I need backup!" She practically screamed into the radio, "I repeat I have a 217
in progress at the Breyer residence, I need backup immediately! If anyone can read me, advise on the suspect, he is out!"

In seconds, Tori, hiding under a bed, heard the strangled screaming of the female officer as Brandon thrashed her around. Breaking the walls of the hallway with her broken body until Brandon dropped her nearby. The woman gurgled and bled more than Tori had ever seen someone bleed.