The Pollyannaish Jabez! Issue 264# "Jabez vs Chiara?"

"Hehe... my precious..." 

A decrepit building somewhere in Jackson, sitting alone on a cot whilst holding something in their digits -- a picture frame of Jabez. Chiara -- that creeper from many, many issues back again. Come back for Jabez with insatiable lust. She had countless pictures, effigies, a shrine for Jabez somewhere. "I claim you as mine. Now that I've crowned myself as the Ultimate Aphrodisiac!!" She proudly stood up and fisted the air. Great. Jabez's enemies are getting stronger...

Old enemies. 

I dwelled in my ''personal domain'' yet again, evoking memories of how I grew, the obstacles I faced to get this far. He walked on a multicolored crystal platform repeatedly reforming on open space. I felt an evoking presence appear just several feet away. I know this entity. My existence was made because of Him! It was Father. Jabez inched forward and stood confidently behind Father. "My son..." Father slowly turned to face the shorter figure. He pulled Jabez into a warm embrace, I replied the same way silently. 

"It's great.... to finally meet you in person. Father. Aah never knew that you were going to meet me in person," Jabez looked upwards at him, exactly, their face has the features as it was once said to be. "I've been watching all of you grow. You don't need me to pamper you, correct? But if ever, feel free to approach me. I love all my children!" Father poked Jabez on the nose, gently their embrace withdrew. "O...of course! Dad! Aah mean... Father." Jabez faffed at that acknowledgment and corrected his statement. "Farewell... my son." Father softly kissed Jabez on the forehead, blinking into nothingness. 

I was alone again... but in a good way. A long smile crept my lips, then I opened a new portal for a safe return back on Earth. My domains were inaccessible and unfathomable, even possessing omniscience wouldn't identify the exactness. Jabez appeared at a train-station, a train slowed to a pause and passengers emerged from the doors. He saw two familiar faces to him, Chun and Chen! I didn't change my facial response, in fact, all I did was smile at them. The two were bewildered by Jabez's face, ever-lasting and recognizable! They know him. The two ran up to him and hugged him, though, the height difference was something in their advantage Jabez doesn't care about his own height. "Gege! We missed you so much! How come you don't exist back in the present? Yet.. here you're present." Chen asked after kissing Jabez's cheek. "Aah kinda wanted to retire back then, hope it'd stop mah enemies from hunting me down, that was a turn of events on me... eventually aah grew 'ere!" Jabez chuckled, remembering those old days when he wasn't at this level. 

"...How are you two... young? Didja do something to yourselves?" He understood human physiology and its limit for living, only for 100 years. "Wow... for a powerful guy, you've got some realism intact." Chun blinked incredulously. "Well, aah've survived without my powers before. Aah know what's it like to have mortality." Jabez sweetly giggled, those experiences has made him quite a capable alike. "We came across it. A special item that granted immortality. We wanted to see you, we didn't want to die quickly." Chun says informally. "2025 we were tasked to handle specialized cargo, while on that mission we were attacked by aliens and the cargo was our objective. We had to fight back to keep ourselves alive, then Chun opened the item exposing both of us to its odd magic.  We didn't know what exactly happened but we were blessed into greater beings..." Chen explained formally for Jabez, actually, that explanation was for the audience 'cause our hero can already understand the whole story without context. 

"As for the aliens... don't worry about em, they're taken care of." Chun added, with an assuring nod. "Don't get into too much trouble ya'll!" Jabez says as he waved amicably to the pair as they parted their ways. He had his life and they had theirs. To think he protected them when they were kids, and just look at them now, grown-ups! My smile lasted for quite awhile...