1

Harry groaned as his phone alarm set off.

"It was 5:00 A.M, on a damn Thursday." Harry thought to himself, turning off his alarm.

As he got dressed to go to work, he heard cups clacking.

"Niall?" Harry asked in a sleepy voice, walking into the kitchen as he put his shoes on.

Niall smiled, pouring two cups of coffee, "Hey sleeping beauty, how'd you sleep?"

"Bad." Harry replied, grabbing his keys as he chugged his coffee. He didn't even care about the pain, he was just too tired.

Niall worriedly glanced over at Harry, "Sleeping beauty or Iron Man? That coffee was piping hot!"

"Too tired, don't care." Harry mumbled, heading out the door.

"Don't work too hard!" Niall shouted, sighing at the sound of the door closing.

Niall put on a smile and went into the bedroom of Harry's daughter. "Wake up Anna." Niall whispered softly, pushing the hair out of her eyes.

-

Harry rubbed his eyes tiredly, why did his shift have to begin so early?

As grateful as he was for his best friend, Niall, he was sick and tired of not being able to make his own kid breakfast or take her to school because of his stupid morning shift at the local grocery store.

"Who even shops at this time?" Harry groaned to himself, seconds away from falling asleep on the register.

"You'd be surprised." A soft, raspy voice spoke.

Harry looked up to meet piercing cerulean eyes gazing right back at his forest green ones. Harry stood upright, as if those magical eyes had gave him energy.

He looked the customer up and down, noticing that he was extraordinarily handsome.

His hair was messily put under a beanie, making him look young despite how professionally he was dressed.

"If you're done checking me out, can you do your job?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I- Uh, I wasn't.." Harry trailed off with a blush.

The mysterious man put his groceries on the conveyor belt, confusedly looking up at Harry through his long eyelashes.

Harry cleared his throat as he scanned the man's items, frowning when he saw cigarettes. "You really shouldn't smoke, it's not good for you."

"Yeah, no shit." The caramel haired man scoffed, "I didn't know cashiers were also part time therapists, you learn something new everyday."

"I was just saying."

The shorter man crossed his arms, "Well, you shouldn't. We're just strangers."

"Oh, right. Harry, nice to meet you." Harry smiled, putting his hand out for the other man to shake.

"Really? Couldn't tell from your name tag." The blue-eyed man sarcastically replied.

"Forgot about that," Harry chuckled awkwardly, "what's your name?"

"It's never gonna happen." The tan skinned man rolled his eyes, "And what would the price be?"

Harry cleared his throat, "Uhh, $56.73."

And with that, the mysterious customer paid then left and didn't look back.

For the next few hours Harry was bored out of his mind, nobody coming close to getting his mind off of the beautiful man from earlier.

"Styles, you're shift is over." His manager said.

Harry went into the changing room, calling Niall on his way out, "Have you picked up Anna?"

"Yeah, she's here with me right now."

Harry sighed in relief, "I'm so sorry this happened again. I'll pay you for missing work, I swear."

"Look, Harry, I get it. You had to go to work to support your family. Don't worry about me or the money." Niall calmly stated.

"You don't have to do tha-"

"I know, I'm amazing. Just come home soon, Anna wants to watch a movie but she's waiting for you to join."

Harry smiled, "Yeah, okay."

-

"Honey, I'm home!"

"Daddy!" Anna cheered, pushing Niall aside to hug her father.

"Okay, I see that these past few hours have meant nothing to you."

Harry laughed, "Don't take it personally, she just loves me more."

"Ouch, my heart." Niall mocked sobbed with a hand over his chest.

Anna waddled over to Niall, hugging him tightly, "No, don't cry! I love you too!"

"He wasn't actually cry-"

"Maybe telling me you love me more than your dad would help.." Niall joked, pouting slightly.

"I- I love you equally." Anna tried, scared of upsetting either adult.

"This family and kindness." Niall laughed, "No need to lie."

Anna huffed, "I didn't lie."

"Children, enough. Movie time?" Harry prompted.