Louis, Harry, and Anna walked out of the ice cream parlour happily.

"Daddy, I'm tired!" Anna complained, yawning in an exaggerated manner.

She wasn't really tired, she just wanted to be carried.

All she needed was for her father to fall for the trap.

After all, if you're tired you can get carried and not seem like a baby.

Harry looked down at Anna, "Then why did you want to go to the park?"

She frowned for slightly, trying to think of an excuse, "I-I do not recall."

"Where did you learn that word?" Harry asked, pretending to be interested but really not wanting to carry her.

It had been a long day and his back was aching.

"Niall! Uncle Liam asked if he ate the leftovers and he said he did not recall." Anna smiled, an evil scheme already figured out, "That means remember."

"Wow, you're so smart."

"Yeah, yeah. Since I'm kind of a genius, uppies?" Anna bargained, holding her hands up.

Harry sighed, debating whether or not breaking his back was worth it.

It wasn't like Anna wouldn't understand, he just didn't want to disappoint her.

Louis looked between them, seeing the hesitation in Harry's actions, "How about I carry you instead, you little rascal?"

Anna beamed, nodding her head frantically.

Louis awkwardly picked her up, not knowing what to do with his hands.

Harry whispered to him, "Just hold her like a football."

Louis raised an eyebrow, "Who holds a football?"

"American football, you idiot."

Anna gasped, "Daddy, no bad words!"

"Well, I can say it because I'm an adult." Harry argued.

"We aren't about inequality here, Pops." Anna chastised.

Harry's jaw dropped, "Who are you?"

"Niall teaches me a lot." She answered, smiling proudly at her newly learned vocabulary.

"This Niall guy is a literal genius." Louis complimented, laughing.

At this point, Louis had gotten used to carrying her.

He holds her up higher, making airplane noises so it seems like she's flying.

Anna giggled, "Put me down!"

"Never!" Louis mocked.

He then pretended to drop her, making her scream, and scaring Harry a bit too.

Everything was going great until beside them a random man scoffed loudly, "Fags."

Louis turned, setting Anna on the floor gently, "What did you say, sir?"

"I said, I don't appreciate fags taking up all the space."

"And I don't appreciate your homophobia ruining my day." Louis snapped.

"Whatever, twink." He spat.

Louis rolled his eyes, "Say it don't spray it, douche."

The man huffed, turning on his heels to walk away hurriedly.

"Sorry about that, kiddo. That's what we call a jackass." Louis apologized, picking Anna up again.

Harry gave Louis a look, "She's five!"