Louis took a huge breath, fixing his hair a bit before knocking.

He felt his leg being tackled by Anna almost immediately.

"Lou-ee!" Anna shrieked, holding his leg tightly.

Louis felt awkward, does he hug her or..?

It did feel way lighter than when Zayn grabbed his leg one time, but he just had no idea what to do.

What do you do when a child has you in their death lock?

One wrong step and he's a goner.

How do you even greet a child?

Oh shit, he was taking too long to reply.

"Hey, what's up? What's with the big welcome, we saw each other the other day." Louis teased, ruffling her hair a bit.

Anna giggled, the vibrations go straight to his leg making him laugh, "I missed you, I was stuck with Niall and Uncle Liam."

Louis smiled, suddenly realizing Harry and two strangers were there watching the two conversate.

"Sorry about that," Harry sheepishly smiled, picking Anna up from the floor, "let's head inside."

"Not a problem." Louis chuckled, a little relieved as he walked through the apartment.

He found himself looking around, a bit nervous.

He really didn't want to make a bad impression.

Louis almost wished he had brought Zayn with him to just feel a bit of familiarity, but something about the home made it feel welcoming.

It was like he'd been there before, it wasn't the nicest flat, but the atmosphere was indescribable.

The blonde in the room looked at Louis, "So, Louis. What's your job?"

"Niall," The brown haired guy next to him rolled his eyes, "Don't be rude."

Louis raised a brow, amused at the two.

Were they a couple?

Louis blushed slightly, was this a double date?

He hoped it was, butt Harry surely would've mentioned it over the phone.

"I'm a drama teacher at University." Louis smiled, thinking about the students in his class.

Harry felt like he could melt at the way Louis looked when his job was mentioned.

He's told Harry before that he loved his job.

The way he went on and on about his opportunity to affect the lives and minds of a younger generation just amazed Harry.

He didn't really make a difference in his job, but when he told Louis that the older boy looked him in the eyes and said every job was equally important.

Liam nodded, "Cool! I'm guessing you like the arts?"

Harry nearly laughed out loud, Louis would never shut up about acting and music, but Harry found it endearing how much he enjoyed it.

"Oh yeah, I used to dream of being on Broadway. I miss acting sometimes, but it's so worth it to teach the next minds in a way." Louis rambled, not noticing Niall and Liam's approving looks.

Anna tugged on Louis' pants slightly, "I want to play."

Louis furrowed his eyebrows, a bit confused as to why she didn't ask one of the other boys, but decided not to comment on that, "What game?"

Anna smiled, walking away for a second.

Niall and Liam gave each other knowing looks, a bit concerned.

The little girl came back with makeup and a wig.

Niall shook his head, "Louis, you don't have to play if you don't want to."

Anna frowned, pouting slightly.

Louis didn't see the harm in her having a bit of fun, besides he was used to his younger sisters always giving him makeovers when he used to live back at home.

Louis tickled her a bit, making her laugh, "Of course I'll play!"

Anna beamed, very excited.

She knew Louis wouldn't let her down, he never seemed to.

Harry couldn't help the fond look from forming on his face, watching Anna start to happily apply some purple eyeshadow on Louis.

Louis tried his best not to move, being completely serious.

Niall snickered, posting a picture of the two on snapchat.

Louis occasionally made funny faces, trying to get a smile out of Anna.

Anna giggled, applying lipstick on Louis, "Daddy, Louis looks pretty."

"Yeah." Harry agreed nonchalantly.

Louis blushed slightly, looking into his favorite green orbs, "Thank you."

After Anna finished, she handed Louis a pink mirror.

He looked into it, chuckling at how ridiculous he looked.

He had purple eyeshadow, crooked eyeliner, and red lipstick.

Anna grinned, very proud of her work, "Do you like it?"

"Of course I do." Louis smiled, thinking about how she did a better job than he probably would.

Although kids weren't his favorite, Anna seemed to have this effect on him.

Maybe it's because she was raised by the kindest soul he had ever met.

Plus, toddlers could sometimes be funny.

Maybe he just hates babies?

Anna brought him out of his thoughts, putting the blonde wig on him.

Niall laughed, forcing Liam to take a picture of them together.

Louis rolled his eyes, "Niall, don't post that."

"Why would I ever do that?" Niall asked innocently, fluttering his eyelashes.

Louis smirked, "At least I can tell people I met Ellen DeGeneres."

Niall gasped, trying his best to not fail, but almost immediately failing.

Liam joined in, silent laughing,

Harry watched as the three tried to catch their breath, but then would remember why they were laughing and would start all over again.

He felt his heart warm and couldn't help but think that this was all he wanted in life.

In this very moment everything was perfect.

Anna was trying to calm the adults down, but ultimately made them laugh harder, and Harry was sat watching them.

Immersed in the happy energy that filled the room.

The small apartment suddenly felt full in spirit and Harry couldn't believe he was there to watch the room come to life.

It finally felt like home.

Louis stopped laughing for a second, looking at Harry with slightly watery eyes.

"Do I have something on my face?" Louis asked, noticing how Harry had been staring at him for a while.

Harry shook his head, instead of exchanging words that wouldn't begin to express what he was thinking, he decided to show the shorter boy what he was feeling.

He pulled him closer to his chest, cuddling him on the couch as Niall and Liam picked a horror movie.

Louis blushed, not knowing what he did to get this reaction out of the curly haired man.

He didn't mind it, snuggling into Harry's neck to hide his red face.

Harry bit his lip, watching the cute boy in his arms.

He kissed the back of his neck, before looking up and watching the television.

Louis turned even redder, if that was possible, and looked up at the younger boy's lips.

"One day," he thought to himself, smiling widely.