[eng] no longer baka ➳ okamoto keito

pair: okamoto keito x oc
genre: fluff
warning: grammar errors, cheesy plot, repetitive words

**

It's September. The wind is absolutely going to be crazy for the rest of the season.

This morning, I saw the weather update on TV and it said today is going to be another windy day in September. I hate windy days, it's not good for my hair (it blows here and there, urgh, I need to do my hair every 15 minutes) and since I'm not a big fan of cold, I need to wear a thicker jacket so I don't need to bother myself with some shivers or sneezes.

I took a glance at my wrist watch and found out that I've been sitting in the corner of this café since 2 hours ago. Wow, time flies so fast. I've done nothing at this 2 hours. I only read some articles that may help me to finish my upcoming assignment. And all of these articles are boring.

"Excuse me?"

I was surprised when I heard those words coming from the boy who sat not so far from me. I searched for someone around me, but his eyes really locked at me so I guess he's talking to me.

"Y-yeah?"

"I'm so sorry. But have we met before?"

I gave him a confused look. "No, I guess? I don't know I'm not good at recognizing people. Sorry."

"Ah, souka," he said. He took a sip of his coffee—it's my assumption, he looks like he's a coffee boy—before his gaze came back to me. "You look familiar."

"Am I?" I chuckled. "There's a lot of people in the world, maybe you just happened to meet one of my doppleganger."

"Haha, yeah, that theory," He joined me, giggling to some nonsense I just blabbered out. "So, if I want to get to know you, the real you, not the doppleganger, would you mind?"

Hearing those words coming out from this boy—this cute boy—I found myself dumfounded at first. Is he... flirting at me? No no no, don't be overconfident. I couldn't be so full of myself at this time.

"So sorry if this crept you out," he pointed at a sticker on my laptop. "That sticker, it's from Higashi High, right? We went to same high school. I was a Higashi High student too."

I spontaneously looked for the sticker he pointed out and then let a long sigh slipped out of my mouth. "Hahaha, yeah, it's Higashi High sticker. So, you're my senpai? Or maybe kouhai?"

"No, we were in the same grade," he said. "You don't remember me at all, don't you?"

"Eh?" I hoped he's not thinking that I'm a rude person who just forget everything from the past. "I'm so sorry... yes, I have a terrible memory. I'm sorry I don't remember you."

The boy suddenly smiled during my explanation. I didn't know what that smile means. I was scared he was going to throw some sarcastic remarks at me until he stood up and took my hand.

"If I give you this, will you remember me?"

He put a polaroid photo on my hand.

And I gasped.

"Y-You..."

"Took you long enough to remember me," he chuckled, cutely ruffled my hair at the same time. I froze.

**

The photo was sending me back to late 2000', where my high school days happened to be the worst part of my life. I was awkward, I didn't have friends, until a boy who just transferred from London asks me to be his friend.