Life-Changing

Katherine rushed into the stall at work, throwing up for the third time that morning. She thought she was coming down with the flu at first, but after the fourth day she started to get worried. She had a little suspicion of what it could be, but didnt want to admit it.  As she washed and returned to her office, Mahayla followed her in. "Alright, what's going on? You have been sick all week." Katherine just shook her head looking at her best friend, "I have an idea, but don't really want to find out." "What do you mean?" she asked. Katherine sighed and looked at Mahayla, "You remember last month when we went to that bar in Stockton?" "Yeah that was the night you went home with that guy." "Well, we ended up going at it all night and now I think I might have a slight problem." Mahayla looked at her for a minute before finally understanding. "OMG are you pregnant?" Katherine glared at her friend "Why dont you yell a little louder they didn't hear you in Alaska!" "Sorry, I just, wow. What are you going to do?" Katherine looked down at her desk and thought for a minute, "I think I will make an appointment and than go from there, but this is our secret. I dont want anyone to know. Especially the asshole Tyler." Tyler Murdoch was the manager of her department and thought he was God's gift to women, and he had set his sights on Katherine. He thought she was supposed to be his because he thought she was the most beautiful in the department which to him made her the best. And he thought he deserved the best.  "Yeah I agree, he would just make your life more miserable."  Mahayla kind of worried about the situation with Tyler, he was not one to give up and she worried about how far he would go trying to get Katherine. 

After calling her doctor and making an appointment for that afternoon, Katherine went to lunch. She was still kind of queasy so she ate mostly crackers and fruit. She was almost done with her lunch when Tyler sat at her table. "Hello Darling" he said while smiling at her. Katheine tried not to cringe in discust. "Hello Sir, what can I do for you." He looked her up and down openely then leaned forword while running a finger down her arm. "I am taking you to dinner tonight be ready by 7." Katherine just stared at him while moving her arm. "Sir, I have already told you I am not interested." Tyler's smile turned to a frown and he grabbed her hand, "I gave you enough time to get used to the idea and I'm done waiting. I said be ready by 7 and if you aren't you won't like what happens!"  Katherine pulled free and glared at him, she couldn't believe he just threatened her. "Like Hell I will, Im not going anywhere with you. In fact, I dont ever want to see you or be around you again. I quit!"

Katherine pulled into the parking lot at the doctors still fuming about Tyler. She couldnt believe the audacity of the man. How dare he think he could order her around and then threaten her all because he wasnt gettting his way. She tried to put him out of her mind and just focus on her appointment. She didnt know what she was gonna do if she was pregnant but knew she would love the baby no matter what. As she checked in and sat waiting she wondered about Happy. What was he doing, where was he, did he think of her too? She could still picture him in her mind, his smirk, his naked body, how he felt laying next to her. She didnt want to admit it, but she wanted to see him again. All of a sudden her train of thought was cut off by her name being called. Katherine sighed starightened her shoulders and followed the nurse back. An hour later she was sitting in her car thinking about the appointment. Pregnant, she was pregnant. The doctor had told her she was 5 weeks, but she had already known. She hadnt had anyone before Happy and noone after. She just couldnt believe this happened but she knew her life was now changed forever.