Decision Making

Sitting at home that night, Katherine thought over the last few weeks. She couldn't believe the changes that had happened or how much things were going to change. As she sat there on her couch her phone rang. "Hey Kat, how did it go at the doctors and where were you? After I came back from lunch I didn't see you anywhere." "Yeah, well the doctor confirmed what I already suspected. I'm five weeks pregnant, and as for work. I finally quit, Tyler sat at my table during lunch and basically told me I was going to dinner with him and that if I didn't I would regret it. I told him I wanted nothing to do with him and promptly quit." Cursing came over the line as Mahayla heard this, she knew Tyler was an ass but couldn't believe he would actually threaten her. "He WHAT! That little weasel, Im gonna kick his ass when I see him. Who does he think he is, I could just, WAIT!!! OMG you're pregnant AHHH! I'm so excited for you, I can't wait to be Aunt Mahayla! But what are you going to do now, I mean what about Happy?"  "Honestly I dont know yet, I just need to stop and figure out my next move." Katherine didn't want to tell her she was scared out of her mind, here she was 31, pregnant, no job, and no partner. She just didnt know what was going to happen but she knew that she was going to do everything for this baby. 

The next morning as she started breakfast, she heard a knock at her door. Katherine wondered who it could be, thinking Mahayla was at work, so it couldn't be her. As she went to answer she heard Tyler yell, "Katherine, I know your in there. Open this damn door now, you can't hide from me. Your mine, now open this damn door!" Katherine quickly ran to her bedroom grabbing her phone along the way. She dialed 911 and told them what was happening as Tyler continued to yell and pound on her front door. After a few minutes the noise stopped and she heard sirens coming up the street.  She stayed hidden in her room until she heard the officers yelling that she could come out. She came out and met the officers, after telling them everything, they told her that the most they could do was a restraining order.  After they left Katherine thought about what to do, she had a feeling Tyler wasn't going to stop. She thought about things and made a decision, grabbing her phone she called her only living family. "Hello" "Aunt LuAnn, its Katherine." "KATHERINE, oh my god, how are you, its been so long!" Katherine sighed thinking about how to ask her what she needed. "Aunt Lu, I need to ask you something." LuAnn heard her nieces voice and realized something was off.  "What's wrong, honey? What happened?" Katherine didn't really want get into everything over the phone, "Can I come stay with you for awhile, I can explain everything after I get there, Please!" "Of course Honey, when will you get here?" "If I leave now I can be there in about three hours, where should I meet you?" As she waited to hear her answer, she started packing her bags. "How about you meet me at the diner, when you get into Charming call me and I'll meet you there." "Ok sounds good see you soon." 

Katherine nervously started taking her bags to her car, watching for any sign of Tyler. She got everything loaded and started out of town. After an hour, she called Mahayla, as she knew she was on lunch. "Hey Kat, what is going on? Tyler showed up a little bit ago, pissed as all hell. He is in his office throwing things and yelling. Is everything ok?" Katherine felt a little fear at the fact that Tyler seemed to be losing it, "May, he came to the house this morning, he started banging on my door and yelling about how I was his and everything. I managed to get to my room and phone the cops, he was gone when they arrived. But I don't think this is over, and I'm headed out of town for awhile." "OMG, are you ok, do you need anything? Where are you going?" "I'm ok and I am going to Lu's, I'll keep up to date with you. Just don't let Tyler know that you know or I'm afraid of what he'll do." "Don't worry I wont, just stay safe and tell LuAnn I said hi." After a few more minutes they said goodbye, Mahayla was scared for Kat. After watching Tyler this morning, she worried about what he planned on doing.