It's hard being your crushes best friend and when your best friend is your crush. You know you can tell them anything but you feel like if you told them your feelings towards them, every thing would be over. Your afraid to ask but dying to know. If It's just eight letters, why is it so hard to say? Maybe because you know that either way, you'll lose them.

"Y/n? You ok?" My best friend Leo asks.

"Oh, yea. I was just thinking."

"Bout?"

I wanted to say the way I feel around you or they way you make me feel but I know I'd cause a scene.

"Life I guess."

"Is something wrong?" He asked with a concerned tone.

"No." I lied.

"Well, you know I'm here if you need me." He says in his cute accent.

"I know." I say and smile at his sweet face.

Leo and his friend Charlie are leaving for an international tour tomorrow morning. He's in a band called Bars And Melody and they've gotten so big since their audition on Britain's Got Talent. I was really hoping that I'd tell him how I felt before he left so it wouldn't be as awkward since he was gonna he gone for a while and he could process it all.

I've known Leondre since he was 9. We've been best friends for almost nine years now and I've liked him since I was about 12. So about 6 years. Jesus, that's a lot of math.

Don't get me wrong, I love our friendship. It's great, he's great, I'm great. At least I was until he told me he was leaving.

Later that day~

I get a text from Leo

Convo:

4:15 pm

L🖤:come over in a few, we need to talk

Me:k

read 4:16 pm

Confused and scared, I walk over to his house which is only a few houses down. I walk right in, know he's probably in his room. I walk up his stairs and open his bedroom door quietly. I see him walk out of his bedrooms washroom brushing his teeth and only a towel that is really low around his waist. I've seen him in his underwear before, (NOT SEXUALLY GUYS) it's not like I'm running from anything. Plus, he has a lot of respect so he pulled it up a little higher.

"Oh, I disnt know you wahs here yet."

I can't help but laugh. I don't even know what he said, or what he was trying to say but he was still adorable.

He gives me a "really?" look as he walks back to the bathroom to finish his brushing and changing.

I sit on his bed next to his fully packed suitcase and sigh as I look at it.

"Oh come on, I'll be back before you know it." He says outing the bag in the carpeted floor.

"I know, but I'm still miss you."

He lays down next to me and I follow his actions. He plays with my hair and looks in my eyes as he talks.

"There's no way your going to miss me more that I miss you beautiful."

It's totally normal for us to act all cute and flirty from time to time. We also give each other dating advice sometimes. Is more of me giving the advice then receiving it. Right now, he's with a girl named Carla on and off a lot. I don't even know if their together right now or not. She's nice, but he can do better. (I LOVE CARLA....DONT @ ME)

We talk for a while until I get tired and decide to go home.

"I should get going Lee."

"Please don't leave." He grabs my waist and pulls me into him as he puts his head in the crook of my neck. It was nice while it lasted but he's never done that before.

"Leo,"

He looks at me with his big beautiful brown eyes.

"Please, just a little longer."

"Seriously, I have to go. My mom wants me home to help with dinner."

Yes, I still live with my mom. I've moved out a couple of times but moved back. Leo has told me a lot that I was always welcome here and if I needed a place to stay, this is open.

"This is our last night together for awhile, I want it to last as long as it possibly can."

"Me too."

All of a sudden as if god planned this, I got a call from my mom saying that she's staying late at work due to a hotline and she would like me to stay with a friend until she can get back.

Leo jumps up and down on his bed like a little kid after hearing the news. I laugh and eventually yell at him so he doesn't break something.

He sits down and looks at me. He gives me a look i only see in our serious moments. I'm not sure if it's love, lust or something else.

The air is filled with tension. Not sexual tension, not anger, just...tension.

"I lied this morning."

"Huh?"

"You asked me what I was thinking about and I told you I was just thinking about life. I wasn't. I was think by about you and how you make me fe-"

I was cut off by his soft lips. I loose all focus and close my eyes.

My heart is racing, my hands are sweating, and all my brain is saying is "this is wrong, this is wrong. He loves Carla." He kisses harder and I pull back.

I looked at him shocked at what just happened.

"I feel the sa-"

"No," I say

"This is wrong."

I get up and run down the stairs and door.

"Y/n! Wait!"

I turn my head and see him trying to catch up with me.

I keep running until he grabs my arm out of breath.

"Y/n, please, I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking."

"Leo, I can't do this right now." I say as I jerk my hand away and walk back home.