Chapter 4: His Feelings

I'm legit two seconds away from slamming my head on the table. I was originally happy to see Arin's face, but now, I wanna slap it every time I so much as look at it.

I grit my teeth and glare at Arin. He pats my back. "I love you, lil' sis."

   "Uh-huh," I mumble, feeling very salty. "I bet you do."

   "Ooh, not even an 'I love you too'? Wow. (Y/N) must be angry," Dan observes, sitting down on an armchair and opening the cheese puff bag. "How come?"

   "Arin's just being a little shit, as always," I mumble.

   Arin places a hand on his chest and acts offended.

   "Cry me a damn river, Arin," I add. "You can't hide from the fact that you're an asshole."

Dan crunches on his cheese puffs as he watches Arin and I eye each other with pure hatred. Okay, maybe not hatred, but disliking. "Fight, fight, fight!" Dan chants.

I smirk, crossing my arms. "I would, but I don't think Arin would be up to it, considering we all know who the winner would be."

"Oooh," Dan says quietly.

Arin stands up and rubs his hands together, grinning evilly at me. "Yeah. The winner would be me. And I'm up for a fight, (Y/N). The question is...are you?"

Dan looks at me expectantly, shoveling cheese puffs into his mouth.

I stay put, not uttering another word on the matter. For being a chubby boyo, Arin is very strong. He'd kick my ass if we were to fight. I was only being cocky because I like making fun of him. I didn't actually wanna fight.

After a few more seconds of silence on my end, Arin smirks, crossing his arms. He chuckles. "What's the matter? Ya scared?"

I shake my head. "Nope. I just don't wanna waste my time and energy on you. And I also don't wanna have to call Mom and Dad and tell them their son died."

Dan snorts from the armchair that he's sitting on.

Arin whips around and glares at Dan. "One more noise out of you and I'll fucking kick you into the stratosphere. Got it?"

   Dan seems alarmed at how serious and threatening Arin sounded. He nods nervously, sinking further back into the armchair.

   Arin nods with satisfaction and turns back to me. "I don't think I'd be the one getting buried. It'd be you, my dear sister. I'm way stronger than you."

   He's 100% right. "You wish," I mumble.

Arin crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow. "Who was the one that threw heavy as hell axes at a target and got more points than Dan?"

Since I've never thrown axes with Dan (or at all), I sigh and say, "You."

"Um...if I may..," Dan cuts in. "The lady there said that to be good at throwing axes, you needed good techniques...Not strength..."

Arin slowly turns to look at Dan. He looks at the curly-haired god with a look that could kill. "Let me make (Y/N) fear me, okay?"

   "Why are you trying to make poor (Y/N) fear you, though?" Dan questions. "She's the nicest person alive! The only reason she's being sassy is because you deserve it. You embarrassed the hell out of her, man."

   I look at Arin, smirking. "Yeah, Arin! Stop bullying me! I'm the nicest person alive!"

   Arin looks at me and rolls his eyes. "Sure you are. Remember when you threw a chair on my head when I was three?"