Chapter 18: Dinner And My Introduction

After petting Camilla some more, Dan stands up and smirks. "So, it's about dinner time~" he purrs.

   I smile, knowing where he's going with this. I stand up also and give Dan a quick peck on the lips. "So?"

Dan's smirk becomes wider. "So...I thought that we should have the romantic dinner we talked about in the car~"

I bump my hip against Dan's, making his smirk melt into a genuine smile. "I'd like that. Are you planning on having it here or at some restaurant?"

Dan smirks. "Here would be nice. I can blow you away with my cooking skills."

I roll my eyes, smiling nonetheless. "Sounds good to me, baby. What're you gonna make?"

Dan thinks for a minute. "Not sure. Any ideas?"

"Do you know how to make a (your favorite classy food)?" I ask, some (y/f/c/f) sounding super good right about now.

   A dopey smile slowly crosses Dan's face. "Yeah, I know how to make that!" He then dashes to the kitchen to get started.

I smile and follow him in.

Dan quickly gathers the necessary ingredients to make the (y/f/c/f) and lays them all out on the counter.

"Want me to help?" I ask, not wanting to just do nothing while my boyfriend slaves over a stove.

"Nope! Let me spoil you, all right?" Dan asks, looking at me with a smirk.

I roll my eyes and sit down at the kitchen table. "All right. You're a real piece of work, ya know that, Daniel?"

Dan nods, a proud smile on his face. "Of course I know that! Everybody I've met has said that! And I'm proud of me for being this way."

He then begins to cook, which puts me in some sort of trance. His motions are incredibly fluid, and he makes no mistakes when cooking. A song comes out of his mouth as a hum, and his hips sway to said song. I don't know what song it is, but it sure sounds pretty coming out of him. I rest my elbow on the table, afterwards resting my face in my hand. Creepily watching Dan is one of my favorite hobbies.

   Dan notices how quiet I've been and turns around to face me. He smirks once he sees that I've been staring. "You like what you see~?" he asks as he begins to sway his hips again, only this time more exaggerated.

   I roll my eyes, smiling. My face begins to burn up, but I guess that's the price you pay when you have a hot guy as your boyfriend.  "Oh, shut up."

   "Why should I?" Dan asks, dancing up to me and booping my nose.

   I open my mouth to answer, but I realize I don't have a good one. So I defeatedly shut it, crossing my arms and avoiding Dan's gaze.

   "That's what I thought~" Dan purrs. He's about to dance some more in front of me, but he realizes that he's gotta maintain the food he's cooking. He huffs in annoyance and says, "Remind me to continue this later." He then goes back to the food and begins tending to it.

   "I don't wanna!" I whine.

   "Fine. Then I'll just use my amazing memory to remember it later," Dan says.

"What amazing memory?" I ask in disbelief, laughing a bit. "Dan, a few days ago, you got up from the couch to get Skittles, forgot why you got up, and walked around in circles for five minutes."

"Hey, we all have bad days!" Dan whines. "And I'd just like to mention how cruel you were! You let me suffer for five whole minutes!"

I shrug. "What can I say? Your suffering is funny to watch."