Chapter 15: Grumping

I'm sitting on the Game Grumps office's couch, laughing as Dan and Ross are having a heated discussion about which candy is better: Skittles or Gummy Worms.

   "What do you mean?!" Dan cries, throwing his arms up in the air dramatically. "Gummy Worms don't come in convenient bite-size piece like Skittles do! It's ridiculously hard to bite into them because they're so chewy! And the flavor of Skittles—"

   "Oh, please!" Ross interjects, placing a hand on his hip sassily. "They taste so fake! At least Gummy Worms have a more natural fruit flavor!"

   "Skittles don't taste fake!" Dan argues. "Gummy Worms taste fake! They taste like cough syrup!"

   "How dare you?!" Ross asks. I can't tell if he's joking or not because of how passionate he is about his Gummy Worms.

   Then Arin, who had been watching the whole fight happen with an amused expression on his face, steps between the two men and puts his arms out. "Okay, break it up, you children. I'm here to settle this dispute." He then looks at Dan and says, "Skittles are better. Everybody knows that."

   "Ha!" Dan smirks in victory at the fact that a person has taken his side.

   "What do you mean?!" Ross screeches, stepping away from Arin in disgust.

   "Ross, Gummy Worms don't taste nearly as good as Skittles flavor-wise, and they're extremely annoying to bite into," Arin says, starting to get a bit intense as well. "You should just accept the fact that Gummy Worms are inferior!"

   "And you should just accept the fact that I'm quitting," Ross mumbles under his breath, and when the gullible Arin looks at him with sad eyes, he clarifies, "Kidding. I'm kidding, Arin."

   Relief sweeps across Arin's face. "Oh, thank God." He then turns to Dan. "So, now that someone has resolved this dilemma, you ready to Grump?"

   I smile a bit to myself, loving how Arin and Dan have their own verb for recording videos. I'm kinda curious to see how it's all done. Like, what their humor is like, or what type of games they play. So I'll probably spy on them through the window of the recording room, since I doubt that I'll be allowed in, even if I'm Dan's girlfriend now.

   "Yep!" Dan answers cheerily, his smug expression melting into a genuinely happy one. He glances between everyone in the room and says, "And maybe we could all grab some takeout after?"

   Everyone buzzes with words of agreement.

Dan smiles at his friends, then his gaze moves to me, the girl that's now more than his friend. Not even caring that everyone's watching, he takes my face in his hands and whispers, "I'll see you in a bit, baby~" He then places a kiss on my lips and releases me, walking to the recording room without Arin.

   I blush, smiling to myself at Dan's gesture of affection.

Arin rolls his eyes. "I don't know how I'm gonna be able to tolerate you two..," he mumbles, following Dan into the recording room, shutting the door behind him.

   Brian rolls his eyes. "My God. I should probably tell you, (Y/N), Danny has no problem with PDA. No problem whatsoever."

   I blush a little and nod. "I-I noticed..."

"That just means he's comfortable around you, though," Allie chimes in.

I smile a bit at the thought, not really knowing how to respond.

There's a bit of an awkward silence, so I stand up, ready to spy on Arin and Dan doing their thing. "I'm gonna watch my brother and my boyfriend record now, if that's okay," I say.