4: First Strike

The volleys of spells came from all sides. Sebastian was an expert duelist, his battle with Damien proved that. However this was much worse. He blocked and countered spell after spell. Tessa did the same, moving as fast as he did. She glance at him as she sparred with the wizards firing at them.
"If you've got something spectacular to use Bas, now would be the time!" She shouted. Sebastian glanced behind him looking to the trio. Hermione the Minister for Magic herself was fighting alongside her husband and the chosen one. Once a war hero, always he thought. He had always admired her bravery, but she was too valuable. If she died here they'd win. The uprising of Britain would be assured.
"Hermione we've gotta go!" Harry shouted. "Ron get her out now!" At Harry's command Ron disapperated with his wife. Sebastian took that as his cue to use something 'spectacular' as Tessa put it.
"Fiendfyre!" He shouted. The arch of dark magic shot from his wand. Blue flames formed around the three of them into a large circle. It created a barrier that lasted less than a second. It last less than a minute though. Two wizards warded the spell off, causing the fire to dissipate into a puff of smoke.

"Damnit that was my only trump card. I really wasn't expecting that." Sebastian mutter as he grit his teeth. This was getting hopeless. Sebastian was always one to battle against the odds, but If they stayed here they would eventually die. Tessa took his hand, desapperating along with Harry. Even as they arrived at the Potters there seemed to be a smaller battle greeting them. Three wizards attacked the home shooting spells. Surprisingly, Albus Potter casted a Confundus spell none of them were prepared for. Sebastian, Tessa, and Potter arrived in front of the home. Tessa took them by surprise.
"Petrificus Totalus!" All the men fell flat to the dirt. Sebastian took several deep breaths looking at his partner.
"Nicely done Tess." Albus Potter stood at the front door pointing his wand at the stunned enemies. Harry rushed the boy inside. Tess stood in front of the man, looking down at him with her wand raised. She was going to do her favorite trick, one she used during any stealth ops. Tessa was very gifted, the president thought she was too gifted to pass up recruiting. Tessa has trained to be an animagus, but was a natural legilimance. It was one of her favorite tricks, but it also took the biggest toll on her physically.
Sebastian stood by her side as she invaded the would-be assassin's mind to extract information. Once the deed was done she leaned on his arm for support. "Bastion you've got some scrapes. More wounds to add to your collection ?" She joked. Sebastian snickered at the comment as they walked inside. The inside of the house looked worse than the outside. Furniture had wand shots inside, picture frames were destroyed, and pots were on the floor. The living room took most of the damage with furniture barricading the windows.
"Albus Severus Potter!" Ginny shouted as she wagged a finger at her son, scolding him.
"Good job," Sebastian interjected. He wasn't a parent, but he had to give the boy his credit. Without his gutsy move they wouldn't of had the opening they did.
"Don't ever do that again, off to bed." Ginny said. Albus walked up the stairs to bed, but he seemed less sad and more proud. The boy had a strut in his step. All of them weren't huddled up around the kitchen table this time. Instead they were spread out in the living room. Everyone was holding their wand, and tense. Ron looked to Sebastian.
"This related to your brother. That Selene spoke directly to you. Did you know her beloved or something?"  He spoke intense. Sebastian nodded his head slowly.
"Her beloved must've been Damien. Before I left his cell last year he warned me he wasn't the only one, but..I didn't expect this," Sebastian clenched his wand tight before returning it the holster on his shoulder. He was taken back. All of them were ambushed and he didn't have an answer. Had he gone soft? Lost his skills?  No, he couldn't have. Between the dark wizard hunting, and training with Tessa he was better than ever. So why did he feel so off guard?
"They're organized, more than before, and their numbers," Harry paused in thought. "These are different from last year." He concluded.
"If they can move this effectively than every government is at risk." Tessa chimed in.
"MACUSA, The Ministry, everyone. The way she moved? This group can use transfigurations on the fly like that,"
"Which means they can be anywhere." Hermione concluded. Tessa nodded to the Minister, the two of them on the same page.
"Bloody hell, then what are we supposed to do? They'll have Europe  by the end of the month and no one will know it." Ron didn't sound very optimistic, but he had a point. The battle hadn't even started, and they were already losing. Sebastian guessed the numbers shown at the World Cup were only a portion of what the Puritan actually had. The five of them couldn't take them on by themselves, not when they had the numbers. If Hermione died or was captured it'd start a civil war. Nothing seemed to be going in the right direction.
"Should we call her?" Tessa asked. Sebastian shook his head.
"No. Gracie is with the president. If we call her and tell the president that can start an international incident. It'll only make the problem worse before it even begins." He said raking his hands through his thick hair.
"Then we can call our asset." Harry looked at Ron and Hermione. The two Weasley's seemed cautious about their asset whoever they were. Hermione shut her eyes, a serious scowl on her face before nodding her head. "If he helps us then I'll consider it a start. Call him."
Sebastian smirked to him. It was great to see how Potter had evolved his talents as head Auror now that both their governments had developed international networks. Still, Sebastian wasn't going to stand by, and let potter run the show. They may have been in his territory, but he was representing the MACUSA, his home. He had to go against his impulses and Potter's decision.
"I have to tell the president." Ron seemed a bit annoyed by this as he bursted  
"You don't trust us!? We have an asset who can help, let us handle this." Hermione smacked his arm with a stern expression on her lovely face.
"It's not about trust. Ron I respect all of you, you know that. But unlike you I am not married to the head of my government," Sebastian said in a short, irritable tone. He wasn't happy about playing politics in the middle of a crisis like this either, but it was part of his responsibilities now.
Tessa whispered in his ear.
"There's something we need to discuss," he looked to her and saw the hesitation on her eyes.  Whatever was bothering the witch it was serious. Hermione stood to her feet with her hands behind her back.
"How long will you be? Perhaps I should," Tessa shook her head.
"With all due respect minister you need to stay here. Your people will need you once news of the crisis gets out. They'll be looking for you to lead." Hermione for a tad flustered, but nodded her head. Leadership had taken a slight toll on her, Sebastian could relate.

It was early morning. Hermione and Ron had left for the ministry. She wanted to be their early to give a live interview to the Daily Prophet over the radio; assure the people they were safe. Harry and Ginny took the kids back to Hogwarts personally. Harry would be joined by a small dozen of Aurors to provide security in case there was another attack. Sebastian pressed his fingers to the small MACUSA pin on his overcoat. The pin acted as a portkey sending him, and Tessa back to headquarters. Once they were there Tessa's concerned eyes grew wider and filled with tears.
"Sebastian," she whispered. Her voice sounded haunted. "That's not Ron Weasley." The Auror looked at his partner in shock stroking his short beard.
"Tessa what are you talking about? He was with us the entire time."
Tessa was quick to reply.  "I'm saying the Ron who was with us isn't the real Ron Weasley. He's one of the abducted Aurors. Hermione Granger-Weasley is trapped."