6:. Compromise

The attack was quick. Sebastian could only focus on their objective, the reason they were here; Ron Weasley. He leaned on Potter for support while Tess and Sebastian fought the trio of witches attempting to cut them off. This was a trap, and Ron was just the bait. Of course they fell for it. Selina Rowan had them figured out. She had Potter figured out. Sebastian knew she could keep playing this shell game for weeks, stalling until she had her ultimate goal. Conquering the wizarding world without ever having to move a muscle or get her own hands dirty.
"Bas, we've gotta go! I'm pretty sure Weasley might die if we don't heal him." Tess' voice pierced the MACUSA Auror as he had been in his own thoughts. The trio of witches were easily defeated.
Sebastian blinked, quickly nodding his head. "Right, Potter? Anywhere we can hold up for the night? Ron doesn't look like he can travel or move." He said, quickly assessing the ginger Auror's injuries. There was a large portion of hair on the right side of his head that had been ripped out, along with several cuts and bruises to his face. Weasley looked very weak, and in desperate need of rest.
Harry pointed to the small cottage just down the hill.
"There! It's Ron's brother's. He and his wife moved, they said we can use it."
With that suggestion Sebastian helped Harry carry Ron down to the cottage. Tessa led the way with her wand at the ready until they stepped inside. Sebastian kept the door open, letting Potter aid Weasley indoors. He looked to Tess as they both began setting up protecting enchantments. He could hear Potter rummaging around the house to find something that would be considered food.
"What're you thinking Bas? I know that look, you're thinking of something. Your eyes are all intense and you're chewing your lip." Tess mocked. Sebastian glanced at her from the corner of his eyes. He noticed her smiling. It was the first time any of them smiled since this madness started back at the World Cup. Bastion took a long, and deep breath before looking over to meet her gaze. Tess, too smart for her own good.
"It's over, at least for you three," he saw Tess' nostrils flare as her gaze became more intense; the look of an angered woman.
"Are you ditching us!? Ditching me!? Sebastian Gerard Grindelwald you can't leave me here! We are partners. You and I are in this together. I," a stunning spell sparked from bastion's wand shooting the animagus witch. Before his partner could say another word her body slowly fell to the ground. At that very moment Potter stepped out from the shack. Bastion didn't look at the Boy Who Lived, but simply chose to speak.

"Potter keep an eye on her, she's headstrong. Tess is: brilliant, fearless, but she can't go on. This isn't meant for her anymore. I know what I have to do, and she can't be there to see it." Harry remained quiet. Bastion only saw the young man lift Tess up to her feet. Her body was limp, Her face was in a peaceful sleep.
"I've been fighting who I am for too long, and this is where it's gotten me. The wizarding world of Europe is being held hostage, and the MACUSA is on the verge of collapse. I'm sorry Potter, but I have to do this. It's the only way I can make this right."
Potter may not have understood what bastion was going to do, but the two men had an understanding when it came to making impossible choices. With those last words Bastion disapperated.
**

Bastion knew what he was doing, and he hated it. If he lived through this war this would possibly haunt him until his grave, but he had no choice. There were no other options or alternatives. She had the wizarding world by the throat, and Minister Hermione Weasley held hostage Merlin knows where. Enemy of my enemy, he told himself. Bastion swore he would never come back here after what happened at the ministry, but it was like he said; out of options. MACUSA prison, hidden in the Empire State Building. He looked around seeing a few guards, which he most likely thought were the only ones left.
They looked to him, but he showed his badge. "MACUSA, head of international affairs,"
"We..we know who you are sir," the two men were in full uniform, suits and overcoats. One of them to Sebastian's left looked jittery. Brown hair, parted on the left side. It was the common haircut for someone who served in the military or worked in the offices. Neat, and clean. Sebastian's eyes shifted to the one on the right who seemed too stoic. As he examined him further Sebastian saw the man wasn't even moving.
"Amusing. The last time you were here you left me to rot in a cell. Have you had a change of heart brother?" The voice was unmistakable, hitting Sebastian's ears like a familiar melody. The stoic Auror to his right suddenly flung himself off the building. The jittery Auror began to shift his appearance, body and face morphing. His hair changed a silver blonde exactly like Sebastian's own, with the same physical build. His hair falling to his shoulders until Sebastian stood face to face with his twin.
"Damian, fugures you'd be here when I showed up. Nice beard," Sebastian chided, noting his brothers unkept looks. Damian responded without hesitation.
"I told you this wouldn't be the last time you saw me brother. It's beginning isn't it? I'm sure that's why you are here? My betrothed served her purpose."

"The devil with her Damian! We both know you've fed that girl lies. You've twisted her mind so she'd do your dirty work." Damian shook his head in response. For a man who'd just broken out of prison Sebastian noticed he seemed extremely troubled. Something was off, something that wasn't sitting well.
"Yes, yes I did. However it appears she's lost her way. The girl has overstepped her boundaries beyond my control. Her vision for our people is not one of freedom. It's dominance, to rule over the wizarding world by fear and wickedness." Sebastian already knew what his brother was thinking. The dark magic they were tainted with as children caused their minds to become linked.  He didn't learn of their mind link until their battle. It was how he'd been checking in on his brother, making sure he wasn't going anywhere.
"You really want me to go back there? The last time I was there you almost killed me," Sebastian looked at his brother with a suspicious gaze. His eyes watching the twin's every step.
"It's the only way we can end her. You may not be thrilled about this brother, but no one knows how to stop her better than I do." Damian sounded convincing, grandfather's silver tongue. It didn't sit well with Sebastian at all, but he took his brother's arm.
"Fine, but try anything and I'll kill you. Blood tie be dammed." With that the brother's disapperated.