5: The Missing Weasley

Sebastian wanted to be furious at Tessa, enraged. However he knew deep down he would've done the same thing. It still left too much to chance. Staying in Europe only left the two of them and MACUSA vulnerable. They stepped into the capital building and reported to Grace Scamander. His cousin was not only the right hand to the president, but head of law enforcement. She was the only person Sebastian really trusted anyways, other than his partner. Grace was in front of them with her forefinger taping her chin as she paced in circles.
"Are you telling me big Ron Weasley is missing too? Ron? The one who kicked ass a year ago, right hand to Harry Potter,"
"Yes that Ron," Tessa interjected.
"How did you figure that out?" She asked, her tone was short. Lately Grace seemed to be a bit short whenever she and Tessa talked. Sebastian was pretty sure the two of them were at odds. At least Grace was with her.
"I knew Ron when we met, he had a look on him. Somewhere between then and now his face changed. It was as if his skin had a different glow about it. His eyes kept changing colors. It wasn't normal."
The three Aurors looked at each other for a second. It was enough proof to start a real search. The only time that actually happened was when someone used a disguising charm. Sebastian knew that from personal experience. He wanted to beat himself for not noticing the change. Grace didn't give him enough wiggle room.
"Then you two have got to go back," Sebastian quickly turned to look at his older cousin surprised by her orders.
"Gracie, are you sure? What about MACUSA?" His concerns were quickly dismissed.
"Bastion you are the international division remember? You deal with threats outside of us, and I protect our people here. The ministry are our allies, and if they have a threat on the inside then they can fall. If that happens, Merlin himself wouldn't be able to save Europe. So, to prevent that investigate Ron Weasley," Sebastian paused as he swallowed a lump the size of a baby dragon. This was going to be hard. If they were right then perhaps they could save both countries, and if they were wrong Britain and America would have a wizarding war worse than ever.

Sebastian and Tessa disapperated back to Britain after consulting with Gracie. She promised to keep up the security at home, heighten the boarder protection for travelers as well. He wasn't excited about doing this, but it had to be done or else everyone was doomed. Tessa looked at Sebastian confused as the two of them stood in the Three Broomsticks. A few older witches and wizards scurrying past them, one shouting "move yankee witch" at Tessa.
"Why are we here again? Shouldn't we be investigating? If you're here for a drink I think you could've chosen a place better than this." She said, her voice irritable.
Sebastian presses his wand to Tessa's cheek before doing the same to herself. His partners features shift as her face became more round with roses cheeks, and sun yellow hair. Sebastian's hair became shorter with a rustic brown color, his eyes rounded with blue pupils. His nose broken which caused him to wince.
Tessa looked at her appearance and hair before storming out in disgust.
"Gerard I can't! Bas you jus," Sebastian quickly caught up to her within two quick steps and took her hand. He whispered in her ear. "We can not be discovered here. We are outside Hogwarts, that's why I brought us here."
"But Potter protected,"
"Tessa I can break through a protective enchantment with ease. He's our ally, but even he can't know about this. The last thing the head of the ministry's Auror department needs to hear is that his best friend is missing, and a possible threat is holding his other best friend, the minister as a potential captive." Sebastian was waiting for the lightbulb to click in Tessa's head. By his records this was the worst scenario he'd ever been in, including when he was a wanted man last year. All he could do was this: improvise with percussion.
"Okay, I get it. So Bastion, who are we?" Tessa finally realizing the quick thinking spoke calmly in an even tone.
"The two of us are siblings, we live in a flat near London, but decided to come here for old times sake. Reminisce on our days at Hogwarts." Sebastian hoped the cover story sounded good enough for Tessa to simply play along without asking questions. If she started second guessing things the entire plan would crumble. The two of them saw students walking by from the castle. They all were wearing big robes with the Hogwarts crest on them.
"Albus! C'mon Albus slow down!" Damn, Sebastian swore to himself. He had just started to piece a plan together, and it was already going to fall to pieces. Tessa must've seen ahead of him, or catching on. Honestly Sebastian didn't know what she was doing. All he could do was react as she pulled him close and they both shared a gentle kiss.