Chapter Three

*Caleb*

10:05 P.M.
Zack's voice: Hey man, where are you? Hanna told me you flaked. Don't be a pussy and get in their. Literally. Hit me up, though.

10:26 P.M.
Man, where are you? Smoke is starting to fill this place and I can't find anyone.
It's scaring me bro, please help.

10:28 P.M.
Oh my god!! I *cough* can't really breath.*cough* *cough*

I sat on the edge of my bed, feeling numb. Can't feel anything. This is joke, it has to be. No, no this is not real. It can't be.
"It can't be." I raise up, quickly going down the stairs. Taking my phone with me. Rushing out the door, and I run.

Past the end of my neighborhood to the side walk, on edge of the highway. Cars speed pass by me, as I slow my pace. The feeling of exhaustion slaps me hard and my head starts to feel dizzy.

The thought of Zack being stuck in a house fire, make me sick in my stomach.
Where and the hell am I running to?

I sit on the cold-hard concrete.
I should of done something, gotten him out.
Wait a minute... If i would have never entered the basement. No one would of known Avery would of been in there. She could of been stranded.
But where was Zack in the first place? He dodge me right after he hooked me and Hannah up.
Maybe he found a way out after he left his message, maybe someone helped him.