Chapter Four

*Avery*

"Remember what I told you Avery." My dad says, pulling up in front of the school.

My dad's car broke down and it's been in the shop for a few days, so now he's using mine. Which sucks since now he has to drive me to work after school.

"I remember, no talking Bryn." I say, dryly. I have to do what I am told. That's how it is in my house. And I'm a bad liar so that'll never work for me.

I get out the car. Strapping my book bag tighter on my shoulders.

It doesn't take long till I enter the halls feeling a weird vibe. Not alot of chatter fill the air. People were distance towards each other.

My eyes follows a name engraved on a senior portrait of Zack Bolden.

Memorial, with his football, baseball, soccer, and track jersey, planted on the shelves, protected by glass.
Damn he done it all.

A few feet away from me I see three girls crying together.
Wonder if they knew him. I continued my walk to my locker.

_____________________________

*Caleb*

I walk the hallways to go to my locker.

Starting to regret every bit of last night.
Not the best choice I've made for myself. We were just talking, one thing went to another and then.. It happened. But she wanted it, so how could I say no? I'm pretty sure any guy that was in my position would have done the same thing.

But she's my best friend ex. He wouldn't have done to me, if it was the other  around. At the end of the day my actions was wrong, but it felt so good.
Poor excuse of a friend, even if he's gone. Though I don't feel it yet of him being dead. It doesn't feel real.

I open my locker, putting my book bag in. I spot Avery, a few lockers down, grabbing her books.

" Hey Avery." I say, approaching her.