Reunited

Ana: What happened... why are you in Maywood Hospital.

Larry: Lau.. he was hurt.. just please come

Ana: Im on my way..

She hung up the phone and put it in the cup holder.

Lauren: But I wanted to talk to daddy!

Logan: Yea!

Ana: Im sorry babies .... but we are going to see Papa and Daddy now. Aunty needs her battery life

Becca: Are they okay?

Ana: Uh yeah

She set her maps for Maywood Hospital and started on the highway.

Ana: Thankfully they aren't far... only an hour because there isn't traffic.

Larry's POV

Larry: Ana have the kids Bebé...Lau they're okay ...

Lau: Thank god...

He sighed in relief then winched in pain. His arm was wrapped up and covered in ointment for his burns.

Larry: Baby do you need help getting comfortable.

Lau nodded and looked at him. Larry fixed Lau's pillows and reclined his bed so it was comfortable for him.

Larry: Better?

Lau: Much better...
He smiled and looked up at Larry.

Larry: You know they're gonna ask what happened Lau... what do we tell them!

Lau: I think we should tell them the truth...

Larry: No.

Lau: Larry... it's so dangerous out there for them. They need to know what to do if something happens to us-

Larry: Lau I don't want them knowing their is a serial killer looking for them. It's gonna make them feel uncomfortable and unsafe.

Lau: They probably do! A bunch of men tore up our home... the kids are probably terrified but I want them to be prepared.

Larry: Absolutely not. I'm gonna tell them that it was a test that I made it up to see if they know how to act in a real emergency.

Lau: Seriously?! You wanna lie to them about what they already saw?

Larry: I wanna protect them. They are 5 almost six. This isn't a memory or a fear that I want to haunt them or scar them. Our children's innocence keeps them in a healthy headspace. Please Lau...

(Who do you agree with?)

Lau:... fine but you better not let them out your sight.

Larry: I won't I promise...

Nurse knocking on the door and opening it gently.

Nurse: Mr.Bourgeois I have your dinner

Lau: Thank you...

Larry: I got it thank you.

He grabbed the tray and places it on the side of Laurent's side table

Larry: Hungry?

Lau: Very...

Larry pulled out the mini table from out the side of his bed and placed Lau's food on it. He sat him up gave Lau a kiss

Lau: Thank you baby...

Larry: You're welcome... I'm gonna change my clothes and clean up. I don't want the kids scared.