Capitulum II

I forgot about ever casting the spell — which is a half life, because I did remember it, but I never thought of it as important. I went to bed that Monday night after studying till eleven. In truth, I only went to bed because I nearly fell asleep at my desk and thought better of the kink that I would get in my neck from sleeping like that. When I woke up, the spell or whatever that thing happened to be was the last thing on my mind, rather, I felt the dread of the stupid mid semester practice exam that I had to take.

The reason I was so stressed out by that, is because I need to stay at the top of the class list. Valedictorian is an expectation. It's no if and or but within my family, so the pressures on to do my best. But, nevertheless, this math quiz was going to cause much more stress than it needed to.

So, I went about my routine. I woke up, half made the bed, and stumbled into the ensuite in my room. I stepped into my shower, mindlessly going about the shampoo, rinse, repeat cycle — also brushing my teeth to save time — until another alarm went off, and I gathered the energy to step out of the shower.

As I began to dry myself, my hand ran up against my leg and I frowned. Something horrible about having no pigment within your cells, especially your hair cells, is that your hair never grows. Now, if you were a girl, that makes life easier, but for a guy, I feel like the staple of manhood is the amount of hair on your legs. Of course, to each their own, but when there's literally nothing on your legs, it does raise concerns. But, that's besides the point.

Pulling on some boxers, I then threw on a hoodie before slipping on my uniform jacket and pants, white socks followed on right after. There was no point in bothering to control my hair because brushing was equivalent to ripping and drying was frizzing my hair on purpose.

I walked down the main hallway until I got to the end and into the main entrance where we had a grand staircase with the whole nine yards. Marble stairs with red carpet lining it all the way down. I lived in the older part of the house, the vast majority of the house having been renovated within the years that my family had lived here. I have no idea why I was given the room i this part of the house, but I did and I wasn't allowed to move. Kinda creepy, but whatever.

Descending the stairs, I avoided the kitchen, wanting to avoid talking to anybody early in the morning, so I took the round about way and entered the garage, grabbing my keys from the key rack we had on the wall and pressing the unlock button. My car — a Jaguar XE, because my parents gifted it to me, basically saying to rub the fact that we were rich — lit up with life, and I climbed into the driver seat, planning on hitting up the local Starbucks to grab a tea, preferably black.

After the run through the drive through, I arrived at school and parker my car as far away as possible. Reason? Last time I parked in the student parking lot, my car got egged.

It's not much of a secret that I'm the most hated kid in the school. Most high schools aren't like this, most of them are pretty chill about not using mass hatred and bullying and all the shit you hear about, but those are public schools. This school is an elists school. Its private, expensive, and competitive, and I just so happen to be the child of the richest and most competitive family within Yorknew. So, there's some animosity towards me, and I certainly don't help my rep because I never talk to anyone.

I took the long route around the school, entering through the back to avoid as many people as possible, and climb up the backstairs and entering my chem 30 class, sitting nearest to the door so that I could escape when I needed to, and pulled out the notes from my bag. I kept my head down, earphones in until the teacher walked in, quickly followed by the entrance of all the other kids in my class. Some ignored me, while others gave me a quick sneer, but I ignored every single one of them.