Capitulum III

I'm the Devil.

Let's just get that straight.

I'm the devil, and I have been for a long time. Nearly over 400 years, around the time that the original devil had been cast out by a witch that summoned him to do his duty. I had been taken soul by Satan himself, but I seemed to be his favourite soul, so I was chosen to be the head devil. But my name's no Satan or Lucifer.

Hi, I'm Gon, the Devil. I was originally a poor man in the early 1600s and my soul was taken by the devil after I committed some sins. Mainly one, but I'm sure that you'd be able to tell what it is.

Anyways. I've gone 400 plus years without having a single incident or any witchcraft, until today.

I started like a typical day in Hell. I was going through the doctrine and torturing souls, and then a gold ring appeared on my finger and started to burn itself into my skin. I stared at it, not even flinching at the feeling, but still becoming insanely confused, but then it triggered in my mind.

I looked up from my finger to my advisor — Leorio — who was staring at my finger in complete confusion and fear. "Look, you'll have to take care of things. I'll be gone for a while." And, with a snap of you fingers, I was sucked into a portal and sucked into an all too familiar dimension.

Now, here's the thing. Stuff like this is usually pretty chill. Given, it's never happened to me before, but it's whatever. It's bound to happen at least once in your career as the king of hell. As such a King, you begin to have expectations for how these things should happen. Like, a worshipper underneath your feet waiting for you to grant them countless riches or power beyond the means of one's imagination. I've read up enough on this.

But this time was different, and it pissed me off. When I emerged for my portal — quite impressively, I must admit — there wasn't anyone waiting for my. All that I saw was a makeshift bed and a large window that showed the illuminated outside world in it's night form. This kind of behaviour is rude and noive, at best, but this spell isn't one that a novice is able to accomplish.

I scanned the room, trying to see if anything hints towards someone waiting for my to appear, but it's just inanimate objects staring me down, and a stud tuft of white hair lying in front of me, as if to taunt me for not being important.

I wait and wait and wait. I watch the sun pass through the sky until three. My patience is starting to run thin, but I'd prefer not to case a commotion. Not, at least, until I can yell at who would ever so disrespectfully summon me. It's truly rude, and even a novice witch would know to greet the devil on their hands and knees.

"Reminds me of the good old days," I mumbled to myself before I walk to stand fully in front of the window, staring down at the driveway to the estate.

My mind begins to run, because I want to get this stupid thing out the way as soon as possible. Running Hell is hard and requires a shit ton of care and meticulous preparation.

Searching for evidence of just what would be this person's greatest desire, is hard — considering I've never seen them — but also harder because materialistic value doesn't seem to be any of their values.

The home that they live in is huge, castle like if anything. So definitely scratch out the idea of wanting wealth, and power was definitely scratched off with that.

Maybe they'd enjoy to become smarter? Easy enough. Quick snap of the finger and the world's knowledge was in their head. It seemed to be possibly, until I looked over t beside the makeshift bed to see a stack of academic books, including at least four different language books. Obviously, they had the knowledge portion.