You've changed

In which the rogues return to Stark Tower and find a clean house, a sober and wellrested Tony Stark AND a strange boy. 

PING!

'Hello Captain Rogers and welcome back to Stark Tower' Friday addressed the rogue avengers as they stepped out of the elevator, finally returning from their 6 months on the run. 

"So who's excited to see Stark?" Sam asked sarcastically, breaking the uncomfortable silence that came with the empty common room.

Clint grimaced "Why would I be excited to see that egotistical, drunken maniac."

"Oh come on he isn't that bad." Natasha defended the man she had 'worked' for all those years.

Wanda shot back at her "He created weapons that murdered my parents and he has probably slept with more woman than ever while we were gone, you can't expect him to stay loyal to Pepper forever, poor woman." 

"Guys, Tony was our teammate and no matter how insufferable he can be we he helped us on missions and we should appreciate him," Steve said authoritatively (is that a word) and then glanced over at Bucky. Throughout all of this Bucky had been silently listening to them bicker. Ever since Princess Shuri had erased his Winter Soldier programming he had been quiet as he slowly regained his memories.

Sam scoffed. "Then where is our gracious teammate huh?! Not here! Hey ceiling person, where the hell is Stark." He yelled at the ceiling, all of the others didn't voice it but they were curious to where he was and what (or who) he was doing. 

"BOSS STARK is in the employee's canteen" Friday replied, unaware of the sass aimed towards her.

"And what exactly is he doing there?" Wanda questioned with her Sokovian accent.

"He is assisting Peter in his recovery after his panic attack." Silence fell across the room.

"He's doing what now?" Sam questioned in shock.

"He is assisting Peter in his recovery after his panic attack," Friday replied again as she wasn't fully aware of human reactions. 

"Yeah, we got that thanks Friday." Steve huffed even though he was questioning the billionaire's actions. The room was filled with the sounds of thinking aka silence.

"That doesn't exactly sound like the Tony Stark we all know and hate."

"Well, now I technically haven't met him so I would say strongly dislike." Scott finally chimed in.

Wanda rolled her eyes, still salty about the whole Raft debacle, "How long will he be Friday? I want to get this over with...."

"BOSS STARK will be approximately 37.2 seconds."

Steve's eyes widened "How do you know that's exactly how long he will be?"

"Because that's how far away the elevator is." Everyone exchanged worried looks, except maybe Natasha, nothing seems to scare her. 

PING!

"Hey, Fri can you please set a reminder for buying Peps anniversary present? I need to get it at least a week in advance and that shop she likes in Paris is only open every second Tuesday or something weird." The billionaire's voice carried from the opened elevator door to the rogues, Wanda, Sam, and Clint narrowed their eyes at how organized he seemed. 

"Of course BOSS and just a reminder you set 3 weeks ago, the 'rogue avengers' are here."

They heard a sharp intake of breath and were surprised to hear Stark's voice wobbling considerably. "Where are they Fri?"

"In the common room sir"

Tony walks around the corner and pales when he locks eyes with Steve, Bucky glances away and the rogues look shocked.

(o-o) 

"You look good Tony" Natasha finally breaks the ice, noticing how the billionaire doesn't have bags under his eyes or glazed eyes. "Have you been sleeping for once."

Tony manages a small smile "Yes actually I have but that's not the only thing that I managed to turn around since everything happened."

An uncomfortable silence fell across the room.

"I can't deal with this." Wanda stands up abruptly "I need a drink" She walks to the kitchen and begins searching.

"Look Tony we need to apologise for everything that happened and we-" Steve begins to speak but is interrupted by Tony.

"No, you don't, I was the one who was wrong" Clint and Sam look at each other, it is unlike Tony to admit his mistakes.

"Stark" Wanda cuts in as she returns from the kitchen. "Where is all your alcohol."

Tony stops "Actually I've been sober for 4 months" Now was the time when everyone, including Scott and Bucky who hadn't lived with Stark to stare at him as the majority of the time when the Avengers were together he was holding a glass of booze and his reputation as a day drinker doesn't exactly help. 

"Bullshit" Clint scoffed "You're the biggest drinker I know, you wouldn't have gone sober."

Tony glances up "Fri?"

"BOSS STARK has not consumed an alcoholic beverage for 4 months, 2 weeks and 5 days." She confirms.

Everyone stopped and thought

"I'm sorry" Everyone looked at Bucky as he finally spoke.

Tony looked confused, "What for?"

"For everything, for killing your parents, for tearing apart your team and-" He swallowed "for Siberia."

Tony froze like a deer in the headlights, his face going whiter than the star on Cap's old shield. Finally, after a minute he spoke "You don't need to apologize. You weren't in control and everything else wasn't your fault. If anything I should be apologizing, It was my fault you guys had to go on the run and I overreacted in Siberia, I just had stuff going on and a lot of buried emotions surrounding my parents. They overflowed and I took it out of you guys so I'm sorry."

Sam, Clint, and Scott looked shocked at his statement. Natasha had a small smirk on her face as if she knew he had it in him. Steve and Bucky looked guilty.

"Look Tony I-"

"BOSS STARK Peter is coming up the elevator." Friday chimed in and everyone looked to Tony who looked worried.

"Panic attack Peter?" Sam asked

Tony looked at him strangely "Yes, how do you know about that?" He realized, "Oh right. Look he has PTSD and anxiety so please don't mention anything to him."

Everyone nodded and looked to the elevator, expecting some war veteran to walk through the elevator doors. 

They didn't expect some kid with red eyes and shaking hands to come through the door. Clint and Scott's hard expressions softened as they had kids themselves. Natasha's expression didn't change (Do you expect it to) and Sam, Bucky, and Steve looked confused as Tony got up and pulled the kid into a hug. 

"Hey kid, hey Pete it's gonna be okay, nothing's gonna happen, I'm right here." Tony continued to whisper into Peter's ear and the rogues just looked confused. "How about we go to your room huh? Fri can make you some hot chocolate and you can watch Star Wars."

Peter's sniffles lessened "Please Tony I lost everyone I can't lose you too," He said in a small voice that made everyone's hearts melt. 

"I'm not going anywhere, kid."

Peter's grip tightened, "But you will" He sobbed "My parents died, Uncle Ben was killed and Aunt May was in a car crash, everyone I love dies so you will too."

Tony grabbed his kid tighter "I'm Ironman kid let's just see someone try to get me." He started leading Peter to his room and left the rogue avengers in stunned silence.

This is my first ever one-shot guys so if you could comment and tell me what you think (once again I have no readers so) and leave requests!