Chapter 1

Take out your popcorn. Get comfortable. Get your weapons ready. And light up your inner fire because the action starts now. Enjoy!

•••
6 months ago

"Move faster!" Something pushed against my back, making me stumble a few steps.

Not wanting to anger my captors, I obeyed and walked faster.

I knew if I disobeyed he would have punished me in the most painful way possible. Because that's how he is. That's how they all are.

As I walked along the long bland corridor, with my hands cuffed, I let my eyes roam around and take things in.

There wasn't really much to see. It was just white walls, white tiles, white ceiling, white lights and metal doors, leading to small rooms, on both sides

The holding cells.

This is where they kept us the night before they experiment on us.

Right now they will lock us in one of these and tomorrow morning someone will let us out and take us to the lab.

Us being me and my five other fellow group memebers.

Yes, we have our own groups.

There are hundreds of us teenagers and children in this facility and we are all divided up in groups of five to six. Each group member has their own unique qualities. Although when the groups are made, they look for a common quality, other than the one that distinguishes them from others. Ours is that we all can fight.

Anyway, our group consists of me- the brain, Zen- the speed, Britt- the brawn, Carly- the technology master, Jaxon- the ninja, assassin type something and Rosalina- the mind controller.

We are diverse and that's what I love about our group.

"Ouch! It hurts." A soft voice whined behind me. I looked around and realised I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't realise we were finally where we wanted to be.

Now the game begins.

As everyone turned around to see Rosa falling in one of the guard's arms for some reason, I moved towards the far corner and brought the replica key out of my mouth.

I managed to make one after memorising the key design. I already had the stuff saved up thanks to a friend.

While Rosa tried to convince the two guards to take us in the computer room because she might have sprained her ankle and maybe 'to have some fun', I managed to unlock my cuffs but did not remove them.

I looked up at the comotion again and found Rosa winking at me as she dragged a guard behind her with his hand. The rest of us followed.

Now you see, these people are really cruel and they really really need us to test their cruelty on. So for our sanity they let the groups hang out once a week.

Hanging out meaning letting everyone stand in a hall without food or anything and letting them talk for half an hour.

I don't know about others but we certainly did not spend our time talking or catching up. No, we utilised our time by plotting and planning for an escape.