Chapter 4: Hope

After the aftermath of Gray speaking his mind finally and leaving Juvia on her own on the outskirts of Magnolia, crying and sitting on the ground, Juvia went back home to Fairy Hills crying still and trying to not get noticed by the other girls.

Juvia ran through the halls, got a box of tissues at the reception, ran to her room and went to her bedroom sobbing.

Using the box of tissues and clearing her nose and hugging the big Gray doll, then she looked around her room and it was full of Gray dolls and it just reminded her of what just happened.

She took one of the Gray dolls and just looked at it for a solid minute. Then finally spoke to the Gray doll, "No, Juvia won't give up on you still, Gray-sa—" she hesitated on saying "Gray-sama" because of what he did today and yet, she still loves him no matter what he says and will still say it anyways.

"Juvia's heart stills belong to you and it will be forever." Juvia says to the Gray doll. Then she cried herself to sleep.

***NEXT MORNING***

The rays of the sun shines upon the room of Juvia's apartment and finally woke up in a bed full of tissues and even emptied the box of tissues. She was greeted with the same Gray dolls like yesterday but she didn't had the smile on her face like she did yesterday.

Instead it's just full of sorrow is what Juvia is feeling right now. But then, she took every ounce of confidence to be as enthusiastic as ever and try to express her love to him.

She ate breakfast, took a shower and wore her casual clothes and got out of her dorm, Wendy and Erza was about to leave as well and bumped into Juvia.

"Hey, Juvia. So what happened yesterday about Gray?" Erza asked.

Then Juvia remembers again what happened yesterday and tried to hide it with a fake smile.

Then Juvia said to them with a fake smile, "Oh, it was great, he liked it."

"Great." Erza said to her, "I hope you take it to the next step and I hope that Gray finally sees your love." Erza said with a confident tone and puting her hands on both of her shoulders. Wendy and Carla sweatdropped.

"Juvia hopes as well." Juvia lied to them and you know what she's truly feeling about Gray now.

The three of them went to the guild and was introduced by the gang.

She sees Gray and looks away to prevent her to remember the Valentines day fiasco.

Deep down, Juvia stills loves Gray but somehow she lost the confidence to even look at him in the eye. is it because Juvia doesn't want to be with Gray-sama ever or is there something else?then she remembers Javier and tries to shake off that image of him. No, that can't be it.

So, to forget about what happened between them, she stops hanging around Gray and being beside him all the time and starts hanging with the girls.

A week has pasted since Valentines and their friendship has gone distant and more distant and her love for him is fainting and fainting. Until...

Juvia was just minding her own business and talking to the girls, while Natsu and Gray were doing their usual skit and fighting over every little thing.

But there was this one time that he sees Juvia laughing and smiling with the girls about something, because of that, he would get vulnerable for a split second and Natsu took advantage of it and win, but for some reason he didn't mind as he was still looking at Juvia mesmerised by her beautiful smile.

Then all of a sudden, he went to the request board and found a job that is fitting for both of them. He approaches Juvia, asking...

"Hey Juvia, I have something to ask you, it's about a job." Gray asks her.

Juvia was still traumatised about what he did to her and doesn't have the confidence to look him in the eyes still.

But she still talked to him but in a soft voice, not looking into his eyes "Oh, Ok, what's it about?"

"They need a Water Wizard and an Ice Wizard to deal with a monster whose weakness is cold." Gray explained the job.

"Alright, Juvia will come with you." Juvia said in a soft voice, not looking at him still

"Great, let's go. I already talked about it to Mira. The town is just 30 minutes by carriage." Gray said.

So, the both of them went off to do the job.

How can he still talk to me after what he did to me on Valentines? Did he forget about it or he just sees me as a guild member and nothing else?  She thought. If that's the case...