Chapter 3

"So, you came back to this school after Sophomore year?" Brock asked ne quietly seeing as the teacher gave us the last 10 minutes of class to talk. I nodded at Brock's question. "Why did you decide to come back?" He finally settled on asking me. I knew Brock wasn't asking this question out of malice but instead sheer curiosity.

"I missed everyone here. John, Craig, Kelly, Chrissy-" "Evan?" Brock questioned. What- how did he- I gave him a surprised look. He doesn't know, right? "What do you mean by that?" "You- you do like Evan, right?" I pressed a finger to my lips, "shhh!!! Don't say it so loud-" I was worried that someone might hear but in reality, nobody was listening to our conversation because- who would? Brock sat there to my right, mouth agape in shock.

"I knew it!" He spoke in a whisper now. "While you two were talking, I noticed how smiley and lovestruck you looked and believe me, I know the lovestruck look all too well-" "oh? How so?" He held one of his hands over his mouth to stop himself from saying anything else. He removed his hand to try to explain himself, "I- uh-" "What're ye whispering about?" Brian asked turning to face us. Brock's face turned even more red if that were somehow possible. "Oh uh- haha- nothing!" Oh. Oh!

I smirked knowingly at Brock. He gave me a side glare before turning his attention back to Brian. How did I not notice Brock's obvious feelings for Brian earlier? Well, they aren't entirely obvious but once you notice it you can't unnotice it.

Brian smiled at Brock. "Your face is so red. What are you guys talking about?" To save Brock from embarrassment I came clean, "I like Evan. I have since Freshman year." Brian raised an eyebrow at that. "How can you like someone that you have never spoken too?" "Well- Craig told me about him and I had brief interactions with so many members of your group and in every conversation, Evan was talked about to be a great guy," I said, feeling my face heat up.

Brian smiled softly. "I won't say a word, I promise." Brock smiled lovingly at Brian. I can see why Brock likes the guy.

"Thanks."